Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am busily planning our MAW trip before our next dr. appt. (Prescott has another upper respiratory infection). Anyway, our check out day of GKTW is a Thursday, but we are extending at our own expense offsite. So we will be in the area that day after checking out. Since we check out that morning are we able to come back and enjoy the Holiday Party that evening and have dinner? What about maybe using the GKTW tickets to visit Legoland or Kennedy Space Center on that Thursday? I'm just trying to plan our departure day and would love for Prescott to see Santa. If not I totally am OK with that, but I just don't know. Do any of you know? Getting excited, 98 days to go!!!

We had thought about extending our trip too and doing the same things. I think you should be good to go back! YAY 98 days will be here soon!!!

WE HAVE DATES!!! Well…kinda. Our MaW person emailed today and said it will be at the end of April! So we said the 21st and I'm pretty sure that's when it will be!!!

We are new to this site, but I love it!!! We are getting so much great information for Alexa's upcoming trip at the end of April 23-29. We are looking at getting shirts made for all 6 of us, we figured 4 designs, then we can wash and re wear them. What are some great shirt ideas you all have come up with for your trips? Alexa is our wish child and she is 10, we also have a 12 yr old daughter and a 8 & 6 yr old sons. pirate:
I wish I could figure out how to start a thread, but have not had luck there yet. lol I am not the greatest on the computer. lol :rotfl2:
You are all the best!!
Taimie

We are new to this site, but I love it!!! We are getting so much great information for Alexa's upcoming trip at the end of April 23-29. We are looking at getting shirts made for all 6 of us, we figured 4 designs, then we can wash and re wear them. What are some great shirt ideas you all have come up with for your trips? Alexa is our wish child and she is 10, we also have a 12 yr old daughter and a 8 & 6 yr old sons. pirate:
I wish I could figure out how to start a thread, but have not had luck there yet. lol I am not the greatest on the computer. lol :rotfl2:
You are all the best!!
Taimie

Welcome!! Looks like we will be there at the same time!! Our wish kid is also 10...and I have a 8 yr old boy.

As far as shirts, I thought about doing the same. I am not creative nor do I have a lot of money to get stuff done. But I like the idea about saying "xxx's wish trip 2013" or something like that.

Well, we finally made the decision today to pull Ava out of school. She will be home bound for the time being. Hopefully we can get her illness under control where she can go back next year.

Kristy

Well, we finally made the decision today to pull Ava out of school. She will be home bound for the time being. Hopefully we can get her illness under control where she can go back next year.

Kristy

Good luck!! I also homeschool my wish kid....he is just so sick and in and out of hospitals and so tired that he was missing at least 2-3 days A WEEK!! By the 2nd semester he had missed 35 days of school. Now we homeschool and love every min of it. It is so much easier to manage illness and school.

Jakentysmom said:
Good luck!! I also homeschool my wish kid....he is just so sick and in and out of hospitals and so tired that he was missing at least 2-3 days A WEEK!! By the 2nd semester he had missed 35 days of school. Now we homeschool and love every min of it. It is so much easier to manage illness and school.

I know what you mean. Ava misses at least two days a week. As of this week she's missed 42 days. :-(.

Kristy

WE HAVE DATES!!! Well…kinda. Our MaW person emailed today and said it will be at the end of April! So we said the 21st and I'm pretty sure that's when it will be!!!

Yay :cheer2:

I wish I could figure out how to start a thread, but have not had luck there yet.

Here's a link to help you get started :) http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30723042&postcount=713

Kristy

Hugs :hug: We know how hard it is to be homebound. Hope she's able to return in the fall. Are you homeschooling, or tutoring through school?

Since we had a couple of snow days this week I was able to get a little planning done. I bought our tickets for a quick trip to Disney the night before we cruise. I also booked our shore excursions and completed our online checkin. We decided on the sea lion meet and auqa adventure at Atlantis in Nassau and renting bikes, tubes, and snorkel equipt at Castaway Cay. Our countdown is down to 42 days!!! With a lot of snow on the ground it can't come fast enough! Now off to do some more resting got a sinus inf that is kicking my buns! :lmao:

Kristy

That stinks, hopefully it will all work our for her :goodvibes

angel's momma said:
Hugs :hug: We know how hard it is to be homebound. Hope she's able to return in the fall. Are you homeschooling, or tutoring through school?

We're tutoring through the school, but i think I'll find some type of homeschooling program to supplement. The home bound teacher is just going to keep her up to date with her regular class, so they won't be doing any of her gifted stuff. I need to make sure she's still being challenged.

Kristy

Yay :cheer2:

:welcome: Nicole. My daughter, and Melissa's (NEmel) son Carter both wished for a cruise. Which dates in June? We know another wish kid not on the DIS that will be going in June.

We are going on the June 16th sailing. Kira qualified for a wish years and years ago (she's 11 now) and we were waiting until just the right time to know when making her wish it would be both meaningful and something in her heart she would really want. She lives and breathes Disney (has since her long chemo days as a toddler and carried through all her many ICU and hosptial stays) , We lived in NC during the last 10 years so was able to take quick drives to Disney when we needed a magic boost.. but now with my older being teenagers in HS and Kira's needs - as well as having moved to the Chicago area we can't. Kira was gearing up for a Dr's appointment and saw a segment on the New Fantasy Ship - and said I wish I could be a princess on a boat.. We new then that this was time for her wish.. So it begins.. Since the only boat she had seen was the Fantasy she made her wish for that boat. After talking with MAW we know that our chapter only does the 4/5's and we had no clue about all the cruse stuff . Kira's true wish is to be a princes on a princess boat and that can be met easily on the dream. Our wish granters were wonderful and the process went really quickly once we secured our passports (took about two weeks). At first we were confused about the difference in all the ships - but MAW explained that 'Disney and Cruise' wishes have been packaged in order to provide the best and equal experience to everyone.. We think that is way cool :thumbsup2 of an explaination.. she said the magic is in what surprises and arrangements (enhancements) the wish granters work ... So we are looking forward to sitting back and enjoying that Magic at work.. So are so thrilled to have this opportunity for her - Our room is assigned, our dates and flights done, our excursions booked and our other arrangements are in the works.

She was born with an inoperable brain tumor on her brainstem along with an unrelated and equally frustrating cortical dysplasia on the other side of her brain which is in the process of being evaluated for surgical intevention. The Dysplasia has caused her to have intractible epilepsy. She's failed all med combos , almost placed twice in medical comas and has had many status seizure events (some seizures lasting weeks before stopping) - and has had 1000's upon 1000's of regular daily seizures - Thankfully, currently she is doing pretty well on her current meds and is enjoying life as much as she can.. We are adding days at the end of the cruise - two days at universal and two at disney , both just to see the new stuff as we have been to both places many times but looking forward to seeing harry potter and the new changes in fantasy land.. but most importantly getting to see her be a princess on a princess boat ...

Since we had a couple of snow days this week I was able to get a little planning done. I bought our tickets for a quick trip to Disney the night before we cruise. I also booked our shore excursions and completed our online checkin. We decided on the sea lion meet and auqa adventure at Atlantis in Nassau and renting bikes, tubes, and snorkel equipt at Castaway Cay. Our countdown is down to 42 days!!! With a lot of snow on the ground it can't come fast enough! Now off to do some more resting got a sinus inf that is kicking my buns! :lmao:

YAY for plans!!! :cool1::cool1:

Yay for getting your excursions, and other planning done Melissa :cheer2: Hope you feel better :hug:

Kirlinale- Sorry Kira has been through so much :hug: So glad she's going to be able to be a princess on a princess boat. princess: Angel's not a "typical" teen, she still very much loves all things Disney. :) We're in IL also, and Angel's wish was the Fantasy too. What excursion did you pick? Our friend going in June is going the week before you are.

Kristy- Sorry they won't cover the gifted material also, hope you're able to keep her challenged :)

We're tutoring through the school, but i think I'll find some type of homeschooling program to supplement. The home bound teacher is just going to keep her up to date with her regular class, so they won't be doing any of her gifted stuff. I need to make sure she's still being challenged.

Kristy

Hopefully not having her gifted materials will not make it too easy for her and she can find some challenge in the work! I know a few people here who do the homebound school with the public schools here. Good luck...it will be great for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter