Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!!! I have been lurking for a few weeks and reading lots of trip reports! WE just found out about three weeks ago that my daughter got approved for a wish, and heard from her wish granter today! They are coming to meet us next Tuesday. So, the wish has not officially been made yet, but I told her today on the phone what it would be! I am excited and overwhlemed to think about planning!! I also need to learn all of your lingo so I don't look crazy every time I post!

Kylee
mom to twin daughters, Sophie and Sarah (wish kid) age 7
:welcome: to the DIS!!!! You've found the right thread to post on! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Leaving tomorrow morning!!! Almost packed, mostly just a little cleaning to make sure the place isn't a complete tip when we get back and unpack.
Have a great trip!!!!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:

Thats not too bad ! Our plane takes off at 8am so we have to leave our house by 5am. (it's about an hour to the airport). We'll be in FL by 11:00 am. though.
Then coming back our flight isn't until 9 PM ! So we won't get back to Boston until midnight. But we DO get an extra (unplanned) day to spend in Disney .. so that's good. But it's just SO late.

Thats great to get an extra day! We are leaving the night before our trip starts and taking the red eye... arriving in Orlando at 6am! But since we are traveling from so far we would miss an entire day otherwise. We are thankful that our wish grantor was able to get it arranged. :) :) :)
Blessings,
Sarah
PRINCESS Angelinas PT Report
[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/URL]

Thats great to get an extra day! We are leaving the night before our trip starts and taking the red eye... arriving in Orlando at 6am! But since we are traveling from so far we would miss an entire day otherwise. We are thankful that our wish grantor was able to get it arranged. :) :) :)
Blessings,
Sarah
PRINCESS Angelinas PT Report
[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/URL]

Oh wow ... that's cool ! That was great of them to do that. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure what we're doing on our extra day. We have to be checked out by 11, but then we have until about 6pm before we have to head to the airport ... I was thinking about adding an extra day to our park tickets and going to Magic Kingdom or maybe Animal Kingdom one last time. Or maybe just hang at the pool. Depends on the weather I suppose. Just not sure yet ! :confused3

Thats not too bad ! Our plane takes off at 8am so we have to leave our house by 5am. (it's about an hour to the airport). We'll be in FL by 11:00 am. though.
Then coming back our flight isn't until 9 PM ! So we won't get back to Boston until midnight. But we DO get an extra (unplanned) day to spend in Disney .. so that's good. But it's just SO late.

We would be leaving really early too, but we are staying at my parents house tonight as their house is closer to the airport and my dad is coming along. Next Weds our flight leaves around 2, and we land around 5 our time. Now I am fretting about what I am forgetting to bring. I am starting to figure after all the stuff I know I need to have, anything I forget must not be something important.

We would be leaving really early too, but we are staying at my parents house tonight as their house is closer to the airport and my dad is coming along. Next Weds our flight leaves around 2, and we land around 5 our time. Now I am fretting about what I am forgetting to bring. I am starting to figure after all the stuff I know I need to have, anything I forget must not be something important.

Plus don't forget, there's a walmart right down the street from GKTW and if you need anything you can get it there ! They have a really cool Disney section too where you can get some neat souvenirs much cheaper than at the parks. ( I'm going to see what they have for keychains and pens and such to give to teachers and therapists). :thumbsup2

Welcome Kylee!

What part of Michigan? We leave for my DD's wish trip in 12 days! We live in South Eastern Michigan, about 45 minutes from Ann Arbor. DD went to Mott for all of her chemotheraphy and such. Please let me know if you have any questions. The whole process has taken us about 6 months from start to finish.

Keira's Wish coordinator is out of the Detroit Office. And she will be 7 in May, so I'm sure I can help you out tons. :)
Be sure to start a PTR and let us know so we can follow along, ask lots of questions. :)

We are from southwest Michigan, just south of Kalamazoo. Our coordinator was out of the Brighton office, but our wish granter just called and lives ten minutes from us!!! Sarah had back surgery at U of M about a year ago, and one other big inpatient stay...otherwise we are usually at Bronson in Kalamazoo. I am sure I will have questions for you when I figure out what we are doing:confused3

I am going to check out your report now!

Kylee

Judy,
Thanks for the warm welcome! I will take some time hopefully tonight or tomorrow night and try to start a PTR. I expected to lurk for a while longer after reading how long it took some families to hear back from their wish coordinators, so I was definitely shocked to get the phone call yesterday! Have a great day!:)

Kylee
We had the same "problem" we didn't want to take our trip for a while; however, were told it would take a long time to approve due to the economy. Less than two weeks later our Wish granters were trying to come out to see us. We actually had to postpone our trip twice due to medical problems...but when we DID finally go, the timing was PERFECT!
Leaving tomorrow morning!!! Almost packed, mostly just a little cleaning to make sure the place isn't a complete tip when we get back and unpack.
I am so excited for you! Have an amazing time, I hope time slows down so you can soak it all in! :goodvibes:goodvibes
:welcome: to the DIS!!!! You've found the right thread to post on! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Have a great trip!!!!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:
:wave: Hi Tim!
Thats great to get an extra day! We are leaving the night before our trip starts and taking the red eye... arriving in Orlando at 6am! But since we are traveling from so far we would miss an entire day otherwise. We are thankful that our wish grantor was able to get it arranged.
Our Limo picked us up at 5 AM and we were checking in to GKTW around 11 AM...we hung out at the Village all day, it was Christmas time and we had a BLAST! Christmas and Halloween were our two favorite parties. :goodvibes

Hi, I am one of the original posters for the first Wish Tripper's Unite thread back in 2007. I am glad to see that the tradition is continuing. My Wish Tripper is 10 now and has been cancer free for 7 + years. We are so grateful and believe that our wish trip helped.

I volunteer with Make a Wish now. Keep up the good work everyone.

Bill

Plus don't forget, there's a walmart right down the street from GKTW and if you need anything you can get it there ! They have a really cool Disney section too where you can get some neat souvenirs much cheaper than at the parks. ( I'm going to see what they have for keychains and pens and such to give to teachers and therapists). :thumbsup2
Wal-Mart in Buena Vista is a great resource. Does anyone know if the indoor flea Market is still open across from Wal-Mart? They had great stuff as well.

Hi, I am one of the original posters for the first Wish Tripper's Unite thread back in 2007. I am glad to see that the tradition is continuing. My Wish Tripper is 10 now and has been cancer free for 7 + years. We are so grateful and believe that our wish trip helped.

I volunteer with Make a Wish now. Keep up the good work everyone.

Bill

Hey Bill!!! Thanks for all you do!:worship::dance3:

Austin has been medically approved to travel to Disney! Not that I thought it would be different, but I am still excited. We asked for an extension so we won't get dates till we fill out the paper work and are approved for that. We are hoping for next January! :goodvibes:cheer2:
So here is a question. Do you get a 3 day pass to Disney, and then 3 day passes to Sea World and a pass to Universal??? Is that how it works? Are there tickets to Legoland? I know my little wish guy would love that! I am already planning. I have started a word Document and organized it according to park and then sub categorized it by food and rides. Then general info on GTKW, scheduling tips, and other fun stuff to do (so graciously provided by all of you). Thanks for all who contribute! I do hope to sit back and enjoy it...I promise. I am just sooo excited!:grouphug:

Austin has been medically approved to travel to Disney! Not that I thought it would be different, but I am still excited. We asked for an extension so we won't get dates till we fill out the paper work and are approved for that. We are hoping for next January! :goodvibes:cheer2:
So here is a question. Do you get a 3 day pass to Disney, and then 3 day passes to Sea World and a pass to Universal??? Is that how it works? Are there tickets to Legoland? I know my little wish guy would love that! I am already planning. I have started a word Document and organized it according to park and then sub categorized it by food and rides. Then general info on GTKW, scheduling tips, and other fun stuff to do (so graciously provided by all of you). Thanks for all who contribute! I do hope to sit back and enjoy it...I promise. I am just sooo excited!:grouphug:

Staying at GKTW, you will receive 3 days at Disney, 2 Days at universal, and 1 day at Seaworld. You can get tickets to Legoland and other Central Florida attractions at the House of Hearts (the place you will check in at)

We are from southwest Michigan, just south of Kalamazoo. Our coordinator was out of the Brighton office, but our wish granter just called and lives ten minutes from us!!! Sarah had back surgery at U of M about a year ago, and one other big inpatient stay...otherwise we are usually at Bronson in Kalamazoo. I am sure I will have questions for you when I figure out what we are doing:confused3

I am going to check out your report now!

Kylee

Another big Welcome from another Michigan mama!! We are from Southeast Michigan - south of Detroit. I can't wait to hear all of your planning details! We are supposed to get our final dates this week *fingers crossed really tight*!!

Does anyone have the GKTW schedule? I know I've seen it posted in here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Thanks!

You'll get 3 days to Disney, 2 days to Universal, 1 day to Sea World. You can get Legoland, but you have to request them from GKTW.

Staying at GKTW, you will receive 3 days at Disney, 2 Days at universal, and 1 day at Seaworld. You can get tickets to Legoland and other Central Florida attractions at the House of Hearts (the place you will check in at)

Thank you for the info!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter