Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be there the same time, just barely! We arrive on February 27th.

Our MAW chapter said 1 bag per person was included with our flight, so I'm taking 4 bags and that should be plenty.

Transportation we have a limo picking us up to take us to the airport and picking us up at the airport and bringing us home. We live a little more than an hour away from the airport.

Prayers for Mitchell and Sean!

Welcome John!

---
We leave in 24 days and are getting very excited! I haven't done much more in the way of planning as regular life has gotten in the way. I'm hoping to book Chef Mickey and Hollywood and Vine and then will consider it mostly done and leave it up to when we get there.

So it looks like a few of us will be there around the same time. We will be at GKTW 2/23-2/29 and then at Beach Club 2/29-3/4. Hope to bump into some fellow members.

Question: How does MAW handle the baggage fees from the airline? What about transportation to and from the airport?

I would like to not leave my car at the airport for so long and I'm not sure we will be able to get someone to take us as it's a work day for our family.

Also, for those that have gone before, how did your getting through TSA go? I'm kind of worried about all that. I already called TSA Cares and the agent was really nice to me and answered all my questions. Hopeing it will go smoothly. If you have a child with a port, did they set off the alarm or did you just go with the pat down? Did they have any problems with your child wearing a mask (surgical type)? Thankfully they told me he can keep his shoes on! How did they handle meds? Sorry for all the questions. These are the things that keep me awake at night. It's our 1st time traveling since his diagnosis and I get a little parnoid about making sure he's alright.

Oh, don't get me started on the germ thing. Yikes! I keep reading stories about people getting sick at Disney. Tell me to stop reading them. LOL!

Hey you guys, I just looked at the village guide, its updated to January and it now says Mondays are the Halloween Party!

Should I bring costumes for my kiddos?

Hey you guys, I just looked at the village guide, its updated to January and it now says Mondays are the Halloween Party!

You can if you want to. Most of the volunteers will be dressed up, so it just depends on if you and/or the kiddos want to wear them.

I have the last cd of pictures uploading to my computer as I type this. I'm uploading them to facebook and then I will begin my trip report. As I am sure that I will not be posting all 700 or so of my pictures here, if you would like to see all of my pictures you can friend me on facebook. sierra lubahn. the pic will be the same one thats on here or a disney world pic. Thanks for your patience as I get all of these pics uploaded. After this all that is left is the videos to upload and that will be working while I am sleeping tonight, and then its off to trip report writing! :surfweb:

Thanks for all of the welcomes!

Neither Kerri or I have been to Disney since we each were young, and I can tell a lot has changed :).

Hi Everyone, my first post here, even though I have been reading for a few weeks now. :)

My name is John, my wife is Kerri, and our beautiful twins are Kate and Ben. They are around 3 and a half years old. Ben has a Mitochondrial disease where his body can't produce enough energy. He doesn't talk, crawl, walk, or understand very much, but is a loving little boy who absolutely loves Disney (mickey, etc..).

Ben is going on his wish trip from Feb 18-24, 2012, and I just wanted to say thank you for all the information that you have all shared so willingly! I was pointed to these forums by an avid Disney visitor here at work, and she was dead on! Even the information about "pooh-sized" visits is great, since I am pretty pooh-sized myself. :)
!

Welcome John and Kerri,
Just wanted to say that my daughter also has Mito. You will all have a blast.

Thank you everyone for all the thoughts and prayers. We will need them. We put off this surgery for a year, but it's time to do it. Kylee will have the Malone(MACE) procedure. Thoughts and prayers to all that are also going through surgeries or hospital visits.

We did family pictures so I thought I would share.

2fd082d4.jpg

560fd1c9.jpg

f94b9aab.jpg

YES!!! Bring costumes if your children enjoy that! Halloween was one of our FAVORITE parties, it was so much fun! Look for Daniel (newdrama) and say hello!

8fcf916f.jpg

Kris, :love:LOVED:love: the family photo!!!

Thats awesome about the Halloween parties .. I'll have to pack Jaydens Harry Potter costume .. or maybe get him a new one while we are there ! :wizard:

Kris, your family is beautiful !! :love:

Love the photos Kris!

Kylee is a little Mito Warrior :love:

we are so excited to finally get to meet you, Scott, Steven and Kylee on the 19th! its going to be so much fun sharing the magic of DLR with you all!

continued prayers for Kylee and that her surgery goes well and she has a quick recovery :goodvibes

Hi guys Im new to the group so Im introducing myself! My name is Daquita and I have four childrens. My second youngest is Elliana she is 4 years old and just got approve for a wish to WDW. She has Bilateral Schizencaphaly where she was born with only one fourth of her brain. my others kids are Destiny who is 12 years old and Jamyrah who is 7 years old with a lot of mental issues due to past experiences and my baby boy Elijah he is 2 years old.

Hello Daquita,
Nice to meet you!
Welcome!
Blessings,
Sarah
Angelinas MAW PT Report
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2797616

Thank you everyone for all the thoughts and prayers. We will need them. We put off this surgery for a year, but it's time to do it. Kylee will have the Malone(MACE) procedure. Thoughts and prayers to all that are also going through surgeries or hospital visits.

We did family pictures so I thought I would share.

2fd082d4.jpg

560fd1c9.jpg

f94b9aab.jpg

WOW! The pictures are WONDERFUL. Thanks for sharing them.

Blessings,
Sarah
Angelinas MAW PT Report
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2797616

UPDATE ON KYLEE....

just heard from Kris, she is out of surgery and in recovery, Kris is waiting to go back to see her.

thank you everyone for keeping Kylee in your prayers!

Hey ya'll!! I started my PTR so stayed tuned for more exciting updates as our departure draws closer and closer!!!

Timmy's PTR is called "It's all about Timmy, Mickey & a Boat! Check it OUT!!
(I don't know how to make this cool looking and stuff, but here it is...)

Beautiful pictures Kris! Continued prayers for Kylee and you that here recovery is as smooth as possible.

So glad I found this forum! Its going to make planning our MAW WDW trip a blast seeing everyones reports and tip for planning. Cant wait!!:yay:

So glad I found this forum! Its going to make planning our MAW WDW trip a blast seeing everyones reports and tip for planning. Cant wait!!:yay:

This thread has tons of great info on the first few pages.

I'm going to do my best to do a great TR after we get back from our trip. We leave in 21 days! It's going by so quick. When we got Keira's dates we started at 47.

I don't have our days planned to the minute, but I've got a pretty good plan of what we'll be doing each day. I do have my meals planned though. Hopefully your Wish Coordinator can tell you how much to expect per meal, per person. Made it really easy for me. We're doing 6 ADR's on our trip, 4 character meals and 2 grown-up meals. LOL! Some quick service and we plan on eating dinner at the village 4 of the 6 nights we're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter