Wishfulthinking

Earning My Ears
Hi hi. Sorry this is a long post.

Our 4.5 yr old just got her confirmation for her MAW trip to DisneyLAND in July.
She will be celebrating her 5th birthday there.
We are from AZ and we have her 10yr old brother coming with his Mom and Dad from Washington.
We are trying to get hotel and flights and transportation in place, but our Wish Granter just keeps telling me that the Orange County Chapter is who is handling the most of it. She just arrnages rental car and stroller rentals.(We are taking our own on both items. )

My questions are these:

Has anyone else had a similar experience.

We were told that we would not know about hotel arrangements until maybe a couple of weeks before.
But, we would like to make sure that prices aren't crazy and that our family is nearby, any advice on this?
Would brother and his family members need stay with us at all times. Would he be able to go to rides or experiences that his sister might not be up for.
Is it possible given the lack of specific information, to reserve character meal?
Any recommendations for shuttles that are available since our car is little and won't hold everyone. Or is that dependent on the hotel we get?

I had heard that they give you an "allowance", would we be allowed to purchase brothers family's tickets? Or help to pay for shuttle or hotels?

We knew that we would be responsible for their costs. But, I also was hoping that maybe MAW had maybe discount offers for families to use, but we were told they don't.

We also picked Knotts Berry Farm as well.
She is not able to walk or stand unassisted, and gets overheated easily. I have looked up areas for shade and cooler indoor experiences as well as possibly planning to leave and go to hotel in the afternoon, letting brother and his family enjoy park time, while sis cools down and naps/rests.

I would appreciate any and all advice. I am trying to not over think, but I want to be well prepared.

We do know about being able to bring food and the lockers. I will have a small cooler for her cold meds in the evening for fireworks and what have you.
I just really want to have this be a great time for the kids to have together.

He has only seen her on two visits. But he only ever gets a few hours with us since he spends majority of his time with his grandmother.

She loves loves seeing him.
Also! She picked the Bippity Boppity Boutique, would they also include him? If he wanted to, of course. Or would we be able to set that up ourselves?

Thank you.
Have a lovely day.

Contact GIVE THE KIDS THE WORLD here in ORL.
They should be able to give you some guidance for dland.
Also ,if need be, the local information of make a wish.

Relax, all the plans will go through those organizations.
They have planned 10,000 + trips . They have all the resources .

Contact GIVE THE KIDS THE WORLD here in ORL.
They should be able to give you some guidance for dland.
Also ,if need be, the local information of make a wish.

Relax, all the plans will go through those organizations.
They have planned 10,000 + trips . They have all the resources .
The OP is going to California, not Florida. GTKW is a wonderful organization, but nit relevant to this trip.

There are Orange Counties in both Florida and California, so it could be confusing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter