• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Major Tests for 2 weeks!

GirlWithSpunk

<font color=peach>I want to go up to them and hug
My school had FCAT today! I was scared that it was going to be hard, it was 4 hours long! We went to our first period for 2 hours then went to 5th period for 30 mins., from there we went to lunch for 30 mins. and then to first period again to take the second session of reading for another 2 hours! :rolleyes2

It was the complete opposite of what I thought it was going to be! I'm very good at reading (not to show off but I got a 5 last year in reading-thats the highest you can get) but you never know what they might throw at you! It was actually pretty easy! :teeth:

Now for the next few days, we will take science, although it wont count for an actual grade or points, we will also have math and NRT's. I am very worried about math! I mean I like math and all but its tricky. You may think one of the options may be the answer when in reality it can be another! :guilty:

The good thing about all this is that the principal told us that teachers CANNOT give homework! So, I guess thats something to cheer about! :cheer2: So, if anyone already took a test like this, post here or if you just want to talk about it post here.

Side comment: My friends and I were talking and we dont know if the FCAT is such a good idea. Some kids get very nervous and get a brain freeze and may get partial of the answers wrong because of that. Do you think that? Yes or no? I think in a way yes, because kids can't help it, but in a way no because this test will show how much we have learned and improved. If we only had classwork to grade us, it would be bias. I mean, you can easily copy off of someone for the entire year and still pass without learning a thing! Think about it.... ;)

:thumbsup2 Yay no homework! Take advantage of that peace and silence. Goodluck with your tests! When you finish them come back here and vent vent vent! lol

GirlWithSpunk said:
My school had FCAT today! I was scared that it was going to be hard, it was 4 hours long! We went to our first period for 2 hours then went to 5th period for 30 mins., from there we went to lunch for 30 mins. and then to first period again to take the second session of reading for another 2 hours! :rolleyes2

It was the complete opposite of what I thought it was going to be! I'm very good at reading (not to show off but I got a 5 last year in reading-thats the highest you can get) but you never know what they might throw at you! It was actually pretty easy! :teeth:

Now for the next few days, we will take science, although it wont count for an actual grade or points, we will also have math and NRT's. I am very worried about math! I mean I like math and all but its tricky. You may think one of the options may be the answer when in reality it can be another! :guilty:

The good thing about all this is that the principal told us that teachers CANNOT give homework! So, I guess thats something to cheer about! :cheer2: So, if anyone already took a test like this, post here or if you just want to talk about it post here.

Side comment: My friends and I were talking and we dont know if the FCAT is such a good idea. Some kids get very nervous and get a brain freeze and may get partial of the answers wrong because of that. Do you think that? Yes or no? I think in a way yes, because kids can't help it, but in a way no because this test will show how much we have learned and improved. If we only had classwork to grade us, it would be bias. I mean, you can easily copy off of someone for the entire year and still pass without learning a thing! Think about it.... ;)
omg mine was just three hours i think

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter