Major Problem with new Annual Passes

This is once again - one part of Disney not talking to another part and creating a problem. I have AP renewal certificates for the old passes that expire in 2099, which allows me to make park pass reservations a year or more in advance, although the renewal certificate is only really good for 1 year at its current value since 1 year after the expiration of my existing pass the renewal cert would be useless (if I activated it, 2 years from my expiration it would expire immediately).

This new policy of certificates expiring in 1 year makes sense for renewal certificates but not for new AP certificates.

They'll eventually figure this out and fix it. Even if the pass can only be activated 1 year from the purchase date, maybe they make the official expiration date of the certificate 2 years out and then have the CMs make sure when they activate the pass that it is no more than 1 year from the purchase date.

Yes, you can make reservations for next year. I purchased my AP this morning, made March 2022 Reservation and will also activate my pass in March 2022.
Got it! My Sorcerer Pass reflects 12/31/2099. I'm guessing this is a glitch that will be updated soon b/c we're not going to be available in 2099 lol:earboy2:

Hope this gets sorted soon. If the vouchers are expiring a year from purchase, I hope that park reservations remain readily available. They seem to have been for hotel guests at least. Not surprised at all that this didn't work right. When does it ever?

I might be over-simplifying, or too trusting, but it seems like the only change is that the AP certificate for new APs now expires one year from purchase. Once it is activated, the actual pass is good for a year from the first date of use. If people previously wanted to buy that certificate to just sit in the account to make park reservations whenever they wanted, that's not going to work anymore. But people buying the certificate today can book park reservations for the upcoming year, right?
Seems to be only be the case with Incredipass - SorcecerPass is still the old 2099.

Got it! My Sorcerer Pass reflects 12/31/2099. I'm guessing this is a glitch that will be updated soon b/c we're not going to be available in 2099 lol:earboy2:
That is not a glitch. That is what they are supposed to say, the 2099 will be updated when you activate the pass. The Incredipass 2022 is the glitch.

Every Sorcerer passholder I have heard from is seeing a 2099 expiry date which is what they used to say. This is pointing towards a coding error for Incredipass sales.

My Sorcerer Pass purchased at 8:13am Eastern says it expires 9/7/2022. Maybe they "fixed" the expiration date at some point during the day, and early morning purchasers got the 2022 date? I'm waiting for a response to my email on the policy, but thank you for the update on your conversation with customer service.

Am I the only one that doesn't really see the issue? If you don't plan on activating it until Dec 2022, why would you buy it this early anyway? Even if you wait until a year out to buy it, there wouldn't be any issues making park reservations a year out. Someone tell me what I'm missing here. Unless people are just wanting to buy up APs now to avoid price increases, which I can see why Disney would want to limit that.

It seems inconsistent. Ap's used to say just that until activated. But it seems a lot of people today like me are seeing Sept.7 2022 for new passes. Of course you are buying a different pass type. I think someone screwed up in programming the Incredipass.

What you purchase is not an actual pass until you go to GR and activate it. That is what I think is confusing people,

So, the certificate purchased today is good for one year. But, the pass you get at GR will be valid from one year from that date.

As far as park reservations it’s the same that renewals face. We can’t make them beyond pass expiration until we can renew, which is currently not until 60 days prior to that date.

Correct but if your AP shows an expiration of Sept.7 2022 as ones purchased today do, you can not book Park Reservations at this time past that date of Sept.7 2022.

Why would anyone need to book a Park Pass Reservation for Sept 2022 right NOW (a year out)?

Am I the only one that doesn't really see the issue? If you don't plan on activating it until Dec 2022, why would you buy it this early anyway? Even if you wait until a year out to buy it, there wouldn't be any issues making park reservations a year out. Someone tell me what I'm missing here. Unless people are just wanting to buy up APs now to avoid price increases, which I can see why Disney would want to limit that.

I was planning to go in Oct but have to cancel. I am going in May and December and I always schedule a year in advance to coordinate with free flights. But that is not really something I have to explain, it is anybody's business what they buy and when they buy it.

I was planning to go in Oct but have to cancel. I am going in May and December and I always schedule a year in advance to coordinate with free flights. But that is not really something I have to explain, it is anybody's business what they buy and when they buy it.
But the question is why do you need to make park reservations for next December right now? That's what I'm getting at. You can plan everything else now, but there's zero reason to need to make those today or even in the next few months.

Why would anyone need to book a Park Pass Reservation for Sept 2022 right NOW (a year out)?

That is their business. The system should work for all dates within the supported scope. Many THOUSANDS of Disney visitors plan a year in advance. And that has nothing to do with a system that is broke.

But the question is why do you need to make park reservations for next December right now? That's what I'm getting at. You can plan everything else now, but there's zero reason to need to make those today or even in the next few months.

It is my business not yours when I plan, and like many I do it a year in advance to coordinate with free flights. I noticed this issue when scheduling MAY not September and I also noticed I can reserve Park Passes with plain tickets but not the new AP - that is the issue not when I am doing my planning.

My Sorcerer Pass purchased at 8:13am Eastern says it expires 9/7/2022. Maybe they "fixed" the expiration date at some point during the day, and early morning purchasers got the 2022 date? I'm waiting for a response to my email on the policy, but thank you for the update on your conversation with customer service.

Like you I was in early. I woke at about 10 minutes before they went on sale with a feeling there was something I was supposed to do today.

So far it seems SorecerPass at 2099 is the only one they got right.

I would guess it is more likely that the date on the Sorcerer pass is incorrect. It is clearly stated in the email for the two that we purchased that "the pass certificates expire one year from" as others have stated above.

ETA: I purchased our by 7:14am this morning and they show the 2099 date in MDE. But the language above is in the email with the barcode we received.

Hmm, I wonder what this means for pre-pandemic vouchers, Does my one year clock start now? You better believe that if when I go to activate them, they try to give me face purchase value there will be hell to pay. The expiration when I bought them said I had 'til 2030 to activate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter