MAJOR changes to Genie+!

Probably been posted before but what parks are absolutely necessary for genie plus? Also what time do you tend to buy it midnight or right before the park. I feel I hear mixed reviews about genie plus.

Probably been posted before but what parks are absolutely necessary for genie plus? Also what time do you tend to buy it midnight or right before the park. I feel I hear mixed reviews about genie plus.
Definitely MK & HS - we purchased for Epcot & AK too. We studied like crazy for best strategies- worked great - DH was totally impressed with DD & me.

I purchase it at 6:45 so I’m ready to book my first LL at 7:00 am. I would only buy G+ at midnight if I happened to be up at the time.

We loved G+ the 4 times we have used it. It works great MK and HS in our experience. If you have park hopper tickets, I think it’s even more valuable to have it IMO.

Last edited:
Should we buy G+? We are visiting three parks in one day. It will be our last trip to WDW for awhile, so we want to make sure to hit our favorites. We are spending most of the day in Epcot enjoying the F&W Festival. We also want to ride Remy. Then we plan to hop to DHS and ride TSM and then on to AK to ride the Safari. If those are the only three rides we want, should we purchase G+ since we are tight on time? We might also be interested in Soarin' and MMRR. I'm sure if we wanted those as well, then G+ would be a no-brainer. Any advice?

Just my opinion, but Remy was a let down for us. DGS8 liked it, DGS12 & 4 adults were in the “thank you Jesus this wasn’t an ILL” category (we went last month).

Should we buy G+? We are visiting three parks in one day. It will be our last trip to WDW for awhile, so we want to make sure to hit our favorites. We are spending most of the day in Epcot enjoying the F&W Festival. We also want to ride Remy. Then we plan to hop to DHS and ride TSM and then on to AK to ride the Safari. If those are the only three rides we want, should we purchase G+ since we are tight on time? We might also be interested in Soarin' and MMRR. I'm sure if we wanted those as well, then G+ would be a no-brainer. Any advice?
I would, if I wanted to visit 3 parks in one day, and in a tight time schedule to boot! You should be able to buy an ILL$ for Remy, but Genie+ will be the only way for you to know when you could ride TS and Safari.

Since you’re starting in Epcot, I’d buy the Remy ILL$ first, since you can choose your time. Then you’ll need to monitor the LL times for both TS and Safari in order to get ones that fit your schedule. Even if you just book a LL for TS and then plan standby for Safari (because your desired LL time for Safari is reached and passed before your desired TS time is reached), you’ll have much more control and confidence in being successful with your plan.

I would, if I wanted to visit 3 parks in one day, and in a tight time schedule to boot! You should be able to buy an ILL$ for Remy, but Genie+ will be the only way for you to know when you could ride TS and Safari.

Since you’re starting in Epcot, I’d buy the Remy ILL$ first, since you can choose your time. Then you’ll need to monitor the LL times for both TS and Safari in order to get ones that fit your schedule. Even if you just book a LL for TS and then plan standby for Safari (because your desired LL time for Safari is reached and passed before your desired TS time is reached), you’ll have much more control and confidence in being successful with your plan.
Okay, for some reason I thought Remy was on G+. So it's an ILL$? So to make it worth it to buy ILL$ AND G+, would there be a chance for any other rides like Soarin' or MMRR that might make it worth it?

Just my luck! :rolleyes:
Yes, but I could be completely wrong, and it could be G+LL still! You'll just have to check next Sunday morning (if no announcement by Disney sooner).
So to make it worth it to buy ILL$ AND G+, would there be a chance for any other rides like Soarin' or MMRR that might make it worth it?
Yes, I think there would be chance for both of them - but I'd study the Thrill Data charts to see how quickly those are filling (and what the standby wait times are looking like) as your date approaches.

Yes, but I could be completely wrong, and it could be G+LL still! You'll just have to check next Sunday morning (if no announcement by Disney sooner).

Yes, I think there would be chance for both of them - but I'd study the Thrill Data charts to see how quickly those are filling (and what the standby wait times are looking like) as your date approaches.
Where is the best place to see what is G+ and what is ILL$? I'll have to keep my eyes open to stay updated.

And thanks for the link to the charts--I think! LOL! That website is mind-boggling. The need for all this research is why we have decided WDW is not the vacation destination we always dreamed of.

Where is the best place to see what is G+ and what is ILL$? I'll have to keep my eyes open to stay updated.
The Genie+ thread is kept updated by @scrappinginontario and is where I'd check (in addition to perusing these boards - someone will post as soon as anything is released). You can also check the individual ride on MDE - for example, open the app, click the Search icon, type in Remy, and click on the listing - it says LL Lightning Lane very prominently now and will change when/if the status changes.

Disney limiting the # of people who can purchase Genie+ in any given day is a good thing (if they actually do that) for those who are using it. But it will also be frustrating for someone who had planned to use it on a day that it "sells out" prior to them purchasing it. Does this mean there will now be a rush at 12am to buy Genie+ (and then again at 7am to book our first ride?) So now we are all limited to about six hours of sleep on vacation? I hope they fix the timing of all of this.
I worry this is going to be a huge inconvenience for guests. If there's a cap to Genie+, will guests have to stay awake to add this at midnight to avoid being shut out? And then will they have to get up early to make their first reservation at 7am? That...doesn't seem like fun.
Right! This sounds extremely stressful and not magical at all!!! Certainly hope this isn't the case.

So far, there have been no reports of Genie+ selling out for any date.

My personal opinion is that Disney put that statement in there "just in case" they ever felt they needed to limit G+ sales, not because they plan to.

There's also the idea that it may be hard to get and nothing makes people buy like thinking they might miss out. I seriously doubt they'll ever limit sales. I suppose maybe on a major holiday it's a possibility but other than that, I don't think it's something to worry about.

At least a week ago, if not earlier. (In other words, it's overdue.)
What makes you think or did you see somewhere that they would announce anything prior to the August 7 date? Did you see something or is it wishful thinking or something else?

Remy is Genie + right now but it is expected that it will be an ILL again next Sunday when the change happens.
I actually hope so. We are park hopping to Epcot this day and want to hit Remy close to park close... would be so much easier to book a $ILL at the time we want instead of refreshing over the few minutes at 7 a.m. it might be available as a Genie+... also trying to get $ILL for FOP for our first park hop around 2... not sure if should go for Remy or FOP first... eh...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter