maintenance fees question

Callalily6

DIS Veteran
We are looking at purchasing DVC and were wondering about something - if we dont have enough points and borrow or rent them from another DVC member - do we pay maintenance fees on those points as well?

Your annual dues apply only to your contracts and points. You do not pay dues for points that are transfered to you by another.

It would be reflected in the rental price. IE renting 100 points at 10$ a point, would pay my MF of 6$ish and the other 4 is the owners to keep.

We are looking at purchasing DVC and were wondering about something - if we dont have enough points and borrow or rent them from another DVC member - do we pay maintenance fees on those points as well?

Unless you get a full night from another member, you would need to do a once a year transfer from another member. If you are lacking just a few points, you can also purchase one time use points directly from DVC (once a year at 7 months out for $15 a point up to 24 points).

If you are short points to make a full night, you could not rent points from another member to make that full night. That would be a transfer.

Short and sweet -- No. :goodvibes

Unless you get a full night from another member, you would need to do a once a year transfer from another member. If you are lacking just a few points, you can also purchase one time use points directly from DVC (once a year at 7 months out for $25 a point up to 24 points).

If you are short points to make a full night, you could not rent points from another member to make that full night. That would be a transfer.

One-Time-Use Vacation Points are $15 per point.

Is there a limit to how many points you can transfer from another DVC member? We are doing a family reunion and will need extra rooms for one trip, that I wont need in future years. My plan was to buy what we need and purchase/ transfer points for the rest. Does that work?

Is there a limit to how many points you can transfer from another DVC member? We are doing a family reunion and will need extra rooms for one trip, that I wont need in future years. My plan was to buy what we need and purchase/ transfer points for the rest. Does that work?

As far as I'm aware, there's no limit however you can only do one transfer in or out per UY so you would need to make sure whoever transferred points to you had the amount that you needed otherwise you would still find yourself short and would not be able to get points transferred again (unlees you were into the next UY).

As far as I'm aware, there's no limit however you can only do one transfer in or out per UY so you would need to make sure whoever transferred points to you had the amount that you needed otherwise you would still find yourself short and would not be able to get points transferred again (unlees you were into the next UY).

But you could not borrow the transferred points that were in the next UY. You could bank transferred points into the next year and use them with current year transferred points though.

Callalily6 said:

Sometimes it is just easier to get all the family members to buy their own lodging. Direct them to the DIS or to 407-WDISNEY to find something. That way you don't get holding the bag if they back out at the last minute. And the horror stories are out there about family members backing out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter