• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mainstreet Dining changes post on the Disney Blog.

skiingfast

<font color=teal>Has had no bacon<br><font color=b
*Construction starts early 2012
*Carnation Cafe will get new menu but retain some old items
*Gibson Girl will have floats.

Disney Blog post

I'm excited for the Carnation Cafe to offer indoor seating. I think I remember eating breakfast indoors as a child there? I love me some rootbeer floats too!

I like that they're bringing back the milkshakes to Carnation. I used to get them back when they had indoor seating and more items on the menu. They also used to have a few more sundae options too. And they had burgers, more sandwiches, a couple of extra entrees, salads, things like that. I assume all of that will return. It was silly to cut the seating in half for that restaurant in the first place. It only took them well over a decade to reverse the mistake!

I'm excited for the Carnation Cafe to offer indoor seating. I think I remember eating breakfast indoors as a child there? I love me some rootbeer floats too!

The orange ones in WDW are sooooo good. Much better than the Barq's rootbeer floats.

I'm excited about the Ruben at Jolly Holiday. And the idea of milkshakes at Carnation sounds wonderful. As long as they don't get rid of the potato soup.

As long as they don't get rid of the potato soup.

I suspect when they stated, "and they’ll have a new menu that will showcase longtime favorites" they are referring to the soup because it's a wide popular menu item.

I'd hope they keep Chef Oscar's name on the menu too.

I wonder how long the Carnation Cafe and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor will be closed. My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip to Disneyland in March 2012 and we were looking forward to eating at these restaurants. :|

I suspect when they stated, "and they’ll have a new menu that will showcase longtime favorites" they are referring to the soup because it's a wide popular menu item.
True, but they've taken away popular things before. It's not a real concern, just a 'hope they aren't so stupid as to take it away' feeling.

I wonder how long the Carnation Cafe and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor will be closed. My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip to Disneyland in March 2012 and we were looking forward to eating at these restaurants. :|

I doubt it will be open for you. I suspect thier goal will be to get it done for Summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter