Main Street Vehicles

knlasv

Mouseketeer
Tell me everything about the Main Street Vehicles. What hours do they run? Is there a long wait ever? Can you ride down and back or just one way? Where do you get on and off? Do all vehicles run every day?

They are designed to be a one way trip. But you are free to hop off of one vehicle and wait to get on another to take you back to the end you started. Lines vary, but I've never waited very long for a ride on one. My experience with them has been that they run in the mornings, and by about midday they are pretty much done.

I just discovered these exist as I’m looking for all vehicle and transportation related rides at the parks! Question - can you choose your vehicle or no? My little guy will want the fire truck for sure.

Each of the vehicles has a separate boarding location in Town Square (in front of the train station) and in front of Cinderella's castle. Just wait under the sign for which ever vehicle you want to ride - the fire truck, the horse drawn trolley, the double decker bus or the horseless carriage.

Each of the vehicles has a separate boarding location in Town Square (in front of the train station) and in front of Cinderella's castle. Just wait under the sign for which ever vehicle you want to ride - the fire truck, the horse drawn trolley, the double decker bus or the horseless carriage.
That’s super helpful, thank you!

Wow! I can't believe this is still a thing. I thought they were gone permanently because of the crowds. Glad I saw this thread. Used to love to do this back in the day. Thanks for the info!

I honestly have even seen one of those vehicles in recent years. Closest we've seen is during Covid when barbershop singers were in a vehicle singing while driving up and down the street. I hope they are running again, at least at certain times. But I can see how difficult it has become to get the horse-drawn carriages through the crowds - and the Disney photographers!

I honestly have even seen one of those vehicles in recent years. Closest we've seen is during Covid when barbershop singers were in a vehicle singing while driving up and down the street. I hope they are running again, at least at certain times. But I can see how difficult it has become to get the horse-drawn carriages through the crowds - and the Disney photographers!
This is exactly what I was thinking! I know we rode on the bus years ago but I didn't think they were still using them for parkgoers. I do remember seeing the vehicles carrying the park characters in youtube vids (after the reopening). I can't wait to see if they are still active in Oct.

This is exactly what I was thinking! I know we rode on the bus years ago but I didn't think they were still using them for parkgoers. I do remember seeing the vehicles carrying the park characters in youtube vids (after the reopening). I can't wait to see if they are still active in Oct.
Some of the original "A-ticket" attractions, I believe!!

I know I saw one, the fire truck I think, picking up people near the train station as recently as Good Friday. I do not recall seeing any when we were at the Magic Kingdom this past Friday morning, but I wasn't specifically looking and they could have been down by the castle dropping people off.

We rode the horse drawn carriage on May 5th and the barbershop quartet rode with us. We've had that scenario quite a few times over the years, and it's always so much fun!

But I can see how difficult it has become to get the horse-drawn carriages through the crowds - and the Disney photographers!
When we rode on the fire truck we asked which of the vehicles was the easiest to drive and the driver said the horse drawn trolley because people will move quickly out of the way of the horse, but are more likely to ignore the honking horn on the other vehicles.

When we rode on the fire truck we asked which of the vehicles was the easiest to drive and the driver said the horse drawn trolley because people will move quickly out of the way of the horse, but are more likely to ignore the honking horn on the other vehicles.
I could see that being true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter