Main Street Electrical Parade extended through August?

I'm going to be honest. I was super excited for MSEP to come home. And I'm glad it did. But now that I've seen it twice, I've filled the nostalgia I was feeling and I'm ready for PTN again.

Anyone have any predictions about what will happen over Labor Day Weekend? I had been hoping PtN would come back over the summer and continue through Labor Day. But with the extension of MSEP through mid-August, I'm wondering if there won't be any nighttime parade? That would be such a bummer!

Also, for the record, I saw MSEP for the first time during my College Program at WDW (after having seen PtN during Disneyland's 60th) and was thoroughly unimpressed. It's cute enough for the first five minutes, and then it just gets repetitive and kind of boring. As others have pointed out, it's so outdated, both in regards to technology and the characters. PtN, on the other hand, completely blows it out of the water!

Anyone have any predictions about what will happen over Labor Day Weekend? I had been hoping PtN would come back over the summer and continue through Labor Day. But with the extension of MSEP through mid-August, I'm wondering if there won't be any nighttime parade? That would be such a bummer!

Also, for the record, I saw MSEP for the first time during my College Program at WDW (after having seen PtN during Disneyland's 60th) and was thoroughly unimpressed. It's cute enough for the first five minutes, and then it just gets repetitive and kind of boring. As others have pointed out, it's so outdated, both in regards to technology and the characters. PtN, on the other hand, completely blows it out of the water!

Probably no parade. Before the 60th and PTN there wasn't a night parade except during Christmas. Fantasmic!! should be showing though.

I totally agree! That's why I'm so amazed at the crowds for MSEP. Once you've seen it, why would you wait to see it again?

I totally agree! That's why I'm so amazed at the crowds for MSEP. Once you've seen it, why would you wait to see it again?
Perhaps because Fantasmic! is closed and people got "spoiled" with so much night entertainment when there was Fantasmic!, PTN, and the 60th fireworks. Now MSEP is the only big entertainment. And maybe perhaps because it's going to "glow" away "forever." I'm looking forward to seeing it since it's been years since I saw it, and that was at WDW and DCA. I would have preferred to see the new PTN though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter