Main Street Bakery reopens...LOTS of photos and review

I am really disappointed that they will no longer carry the cinnamon roll. That was a tradition for my husband and I. We would always go and get a cinnamon roll and sit out side and watch the opening shows before a full day of fun at the parks. Bummer!

I've never been a fan of Starbucks' coffee or food offerings, so this is one change I'm not happy with.

Personally not a fan of the Starbucks in the MK (makes the whole 'immersed in Disney' thing kinda die) but if it gets more people in the door purchasing over priced coffee, not a bad thing for Disney

We love Starbucks so we are fine with it. Just not fans of Starbucks regular coffee.

I just hope we can still get the Old bakery items. I love the chocolate, chocolate chip muffin. Do they still have that?

I am stating my Starbucks gift card next week. With 4 of us going to Starbucks everyday, I'll have to stock up.:)

The HUGE cinnamon rolls are now at Gaston's Pub and in fact, I believe they are they best value as far as snacks go. It was $3.99 just a couple of weeks ago and still delicious as ever! It's funny when you get those looks like, "where did you get THAT!!"

But as far as the Main Street bakery goes, I get they want Starbucks and by all means, serve it. But I am very disappointed that they would put the "Starbucks" pasteries instead of what the Bakery was known for. Very disappointed. :sad:

Great pics in this article! Did anyone notice that the two hard boiled eggs are ... $3.99?!?! This small detail in this picture is a little fuzzy but ... wow! I hope I'm seeing that wrong! haha

We love Starbucks so we are fine with it. Just not fans of Starbucks regular coffee.

I just hope we can still get the Old bakery items. I love the chocolate, chocolate chip muffin. Do they still have that?

I am stating my Starbucks gift card next week. With 4 of us going to Starbucks everyday, I'll have to stock up.:)

I've read that only Starbucks bakery/pastry items will be available prior to 11am. After 11am, additional Disney bakery items will be added to the mix. Of course, this is in a "soft opening," so things may change.

People have been complaining for years about the coffee in WDW. They did something to stop those complaints, and IMO, I think they did a good job with the theming and costuming and it looks great.

As for seating, first thing in the morning, the ice cream parlor and the Plaza are closed so all those outside tables are available just a short walk away.

I look forward to giving it a try!

I've never been a fan of Starbucks' coffee or food offerings, so this is one change I'm not happy with.

Food offerings...interestingly, Starbucks is undergoing a big change in their menu, offering Boulangerie items. I wonder if they will go to the Disney parks as well. They are VERY good.

Personally not a fan of the Starbucks in the MK (makes the whole 'immersed in Disney' thing kinda die) but if it gets more people in the door purchasing over priced coffee, not a bad thing for Disney

FWIW, they always sold over-priced coffee; in fact it was FAR more overpriced before than it is now. Back then it was Nescafe nastiness, and now it's at least coffee made in a normal way. So if you think of it that way, it's nowhere near what it used to cost, value-wise. 2.19 for Nescafe and about the same for Starbucks? Yes please, give me the better stuff.

wdwmagic says no cinnamon rolls.

disneyfoodblog says none "today", but they show a picture of a menu sign with a Disney-looking cinnamon roll on it.

People kill me when they say over priced coffee. People you are in disney home of the over priced everything! I will gladly pay 1.95 for a cup of good Starbucks coffee instead of 3 bucks for that crap disney used to have.

I've read that only Starbucks bakery/pastry items will be available prior to 11am. After 11am, additional Disney bakery items will be added to the mix. Of course, this is in a "soft opening," so things may change.

I did read that, I don't get why though:confused3 Will the Starbucks gift cards be accepted anytime of the day then? I do enough Starbucks sandwiches and pastries, but I want Disney's pastries too in the morning with my Coffee. So now I'll have to wait til after 11 to get it. I hope that changes before Nov.

Looks more like a big, hollow CS than a bakery.

I for one am very happy. Starbucks is the only chain I know of that has soy milk for lattes and the like. I HATE cow milk so Starbucks is the only game in town foe me. I also like the consistency of getting a good coffee drink no matter where I am.

My husband will be thrilled to get Starbucks coffee at the Magic Kingdom.

I am not a fan of this change. I want to stop in at the Main Street Bakery on my way out of the Magic Kingdom at midnight to pick up a big cinnamon roll or some other delicious treat to share back at the room, not a piece of Starbucks pound cake that I see every single day when I go to get coffee at home with my husband. If there are only Starbucks pastries available all day, I will be very disappointed.

My husband will be thrilled to get Starbucks coffee at the Magic Kingdom.

I am not a fan of this change. I want to stop in at the Main Street Bakery on my way out of the Magic Kingdom at midnight to pick up a big cinnamon roll or some other delicious treat to share back at the room, not a piece of Starbucks pound cake that I see every single day when I go to get coffee at home with my husband. If there are only Starbucks pastries available all day, I will be very disappointed.

I Agree, as much as I like Starbucks and I'm glad that they are there, I still want Disney's pastries when in Disney. Hope we can still get our favorites.

OK, I just checked out the pictures all I see is Starbucks pastries, not happy. I hope somone posts a picture later in the day showing Disney's pastries.

coffee is the same price and sometimes cheaper than the WDW QS resturants. Another thread has the sign posted with prices and you can compare them with allears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter