Main Gate Pass, Guest Passes, Genie+ & LL

moremagic_plz

Earning My Ears
My family member is a retired CM so we'll be using a main gate pass & 3 guest passes which are in MDE and linked to the main gate passholder. A few other family members have their own tickets in their name which have been added to MDE. We haven't done Disney in years....so Genie+ is confusing/new to me. I've read the posts, I'm watching videos and learning Genie+ but I have a question: Can we purchase Genie+/LL for the guest passes in MDE at the same time we purchase the named family members Genie+/LL ?? Or will only the main gate pass holder be able to secure Genie+/LL?? I'm concerned about having to go to guest services throughout the day to toggle booked LLs. Would love some insight on this process from a CM perspective, thanks!

I am also a Disney Retiree. The problem is buying ILL. The system does not recognize guest pass users as resort guests. So the retiree and spouse CAN get them, if they are registered to an onsite resort, because they use a MEP, which is in the MDE system. But the system doesn't allow you to grab an ILL for unregistered guest, at 7 am,even though of course they are staying in a resort too. You can get one when park opens, as if the guest pass person is a day offsite guest.

Genie+ does work normally. Anyone can buy them, assuming you all see each other on MDE. Connect everyone together and anyone can book the Genie+ attractions. My friend (she has an AP) books for me, her and my son most of the time because I am pushing him in a WC, hard to use my phone unless I pull over.

After hours additional Boarding Group thing also does not recognize the guest passes. We hit that snag trying to get one for Tron during the 6 pm release on an extra hours night.

It is VERY annoying, I travel with my son and we hit this issue each trip. PS if the retiree has a spouse in the group, you can have spouse self admit, and spouse bring in the 3 guests, for a total of 5. (the ex cm probably knows this, just in case I am restating it here lol).

GOOD luck, have fun, the savings is worth the minor snags.

@PatMcDuck Thank you SO much for your insight! You're right, The savings are SO worth a little hassle here and there!

We're staying off property so as I understand it...we can purchase Genie+ normally and then purchase ILL when the park opens for the pass holder, guest passes, and other family all linked in MDE.

Is VQ affected by our main gate/guest pass situation??

Also, with our off property status/ guest passes we're considering not doing magic bands. Will we get physical cards our first day at the park or is this something that would need to be arranged in advance?

Thanks again! :earsboy:

My DD is a current CM. She has gotten VQ for us no problem when using her guest passes...even got really early times. However, ILL are not always available for those on passes. Her words...there are a lot of black outs.

You don't get a card. The CM has guest cards that they need to keep and the CM has to be with the guests to tap in first.

My DD is a current CM. She has gotten VQ for us no problem when using her guest passes...even got really early times. However, ILL are not always available for those on passes. Her words...there are a lot of black outs.

You don't get a card. The CM has guest cards that they need to keep and the CM has to be with the guests to tap in first.
Thanks for these details. I'm going to reach out to Disney regarding the cards they've been helpful on the phone. The "guests" are CM grandchildren / my children so we'll all be together. I saw one post on here about successfully connecting guest passes to a magic band but we'll plan on lanyards just in case.

Strange that ILL would have black outs for guest passes....luckily none of our travel dates are official black out days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter