Mailing the Contract Today was a Little Tough

stlrod

DIS Veteran
Putting my executed contract in the mail today was a little tough. I kept thinking about whether I should buy a second timeshare given the economic uncertainities due to this week's tragedy. Then, I let my heart guide me. It wasn't my appreciation of Disney theme parks though that was in my heart. It was my children. I thought about how many of the happiest memories I had as a child stemmed from family vacations. I also thought about how fortunate I had been to take my wife and children to New York this past New Year's Eve. My youngest asked me this week whether "the ball" was affected. My oldest said, "Dad, the hotel we stayed at's not there anymore, is it?" She suddenly appeared much wiser than she should be at her age--it was the WTC Marriott. Then, I thought about all those victims and their families. While the children of those victims will remember so much about their parents, I am sure they will also remember the trips they took with them. Then, as morbid as it may seem, I thought of my own mortality and how I had always wanted another timeshare so I could give one to each child. So, even though I've still got a big mortgage, the youngest is going to need braces soon, the money I've saved for college so far probably won't get them through a semester and I'll have two weddings to pay for (both girls), suddenly the decision wasn't so tough.

I enjoyed reading your comments. Go for it - you only live once! First, I thought you were going to say you had difficulty sending your paperwork back to Disney. I was going to say that Disney will wait for your papers. Have a good day.

stlrod....while you made the decision with your heart, your brain will always thank you for being so smart!

I think most people on this board have a pretty good sense of family values. Certainly the recent events have helped focus us in on what is important in life (God, family) and have made some decisions a lot easier.

Best wishes for many happy years with your new "home".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter