͏

I got notification that my daughter’s magic band has shipped. Yay! I opted to purchase just a plain red one for her and chose reuse a band for me and my husband since I already purchased new bands elsewhere. I’m going to put custom skins on my daughter’s band and give it to her for Christmas.

I wish I could see the new bands, but I can’t access them anymore since I made a purchase.
My daughter’s band arrived today and I put the custom skin on it. I hope she likes it.

Okay, I'm a Disneylander, so I am not familiar with Magic Bands. Coming in November. Are all of these Magic Band 2 versions? My daughter wants to get a magic keeper but wants to make sure it will fit.
Hope this isn't a stupid question. Thanks,

Okay, I'm a Disneylander, so I am not familiar with Magic Bands. Coming in November. Are all of these Magic Band 2 versions? My daughter wants to get a magic keeper but wants to make sure it will fit.
Hope this isn't a stupid question. Thanks,
Yup! The older magicbands (version 1) were all one piece, the newer ones (version 2) are the ones with the puck.

How long does a Magic Band keep working? I was last at WDW in June 2019. I wonder if that Magic Band would still work. I may stay offsite for a quick trip so I wouldn‘t be receiving a new complimentary band.

For everything that's important (tickets, park entry, FP, ADRs, charging to your room, opening your room, etc.) all bands will work virtually forever unless damaged or Disney does away with the technology. There is a battery in the band that will last 3 years, on average. It is used only for things like ride photos and special experiences on some rides.

Steve

Thank you, it’s the battery life that I was wondering about. I have a slew of MagicBands from past trips. The other ones are almost 3 years old or older. I haven’t stayed off property in about 10 years when my daughter was on a high school band trip and I was a chaperone.

Wow! Tons of new ones, RIP Rivers of Light LOL.

Haunted Mansion! Jack Skellington!

Almost makes me want to book a trip to get one of these!

Thank you, it’s the battery life that I was wondering about. I have a slew of MagicBands from past trips. The other ones are almost 3 years old or older. I haven’t stayed off property in about 10 years when my daughter was on a high school band trip and I was a chaperone.
I've had bands where the battery only lasted about 2 years... There is no way to test the battery. The only way to know is to go on a ride that auto links pictures (like Pirates or Seven Dwarfs) and see what happens.

So when using older graphic bands (like my MK45 Tiki, or Pandora opening) that make special effects at the tap styles, I also keep an icon/puck from a new solid color band (which is also linked to me in MDE) in a magic keeper attached to my bag or belt loop. (I replace the lanyard clip with a 2" carabiner) That way I get the best of both... effects when tapping the older special band, and long range stuff.

I've had bands where the battery only lasted about 2 years... There is no way to test the battery. The only way to know is to go on a ride that auto links pictures (like Pirates or Seven Dwarfs) and see what happens.

So when using older graphic bands (like my MK45 Tiki, or Pandora opening) that make special effects at the tap styles, I also keep an icon/puck from a new solid color band (which is also linked to me in MDE) in a magic keeper attached to my bag or belt loop. (I replace the lanyard clip with a 2" carabiner) That way I get the best of both... effects when tapping the older special band, and long range stuff.
Great idea, its always good to have an extra MB with you - just incase. We do the same thing - on the backpack that accompanies us to the park, we have our extra pucks in Magic Keepers - the ones with the carabiner - attached to our backpack. It helps to know that if you lose the MB that you are wearing, at least you have another one with you. I say this because I have lost mine before, it came off in the Yacht Club and I didn't notice until we were at the International Gateway - going into Epcot. So walked the whole way back and thank goodness a CM had found it and I was able to get it back.

sure, updated with today's MagicBands (51); still no holiday MagicBands if anyone was looking for those

three changes ...
  1. everything is now in alphabetical order instead of grouped by price (too much to manage)
  2. the second view of the MagicBand has been added if it's available
  3. prices reflect 2021+ arrival (only change is the basic colored MagicBands are 5 USD instead of free, everything else seems to be the same)

Thanks for the updates - especially adding the second view of the MB's! I wish they would add them all. I've found a few second side views by googling, but not all of them grrr...

Thanks for the updates - especially adding the second view of the MB's! I wish they would add them all. I've found a few second side views by googling, but not all of them grrr...
It's annoying that they don't provide both sides for all the bands! I want to Fantasmic! MB but want to see the other side before buying...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter