Magicband+ pickup at hotel?

disneydreamgirl

DIS Veteran
I’ll be arriving at 6:30 p.m. at LAX and plan to pick up rental car and make one stop (likely Target) for breakfast and snack items plus other incidentals and then would like to pop into one of the hotels to purchase a Magicband+ before checking in at Park Vue Inn so I can have it fully charged for rope drop the following morning.

Is it possible to easily do this, if not a Disney hotel guest? At WDW pre-2020 it was simple, I’d either park in accessible parking or leave the car with valet at no charge (with accessible parking permit), so I’m hoping for one of these options at DL. Of course, Downtown Disney is another option but I don’t think I’ll have the energy for it after a long travel day. If I can be quick, I’ll be able to settle in for a restful night to make the most of day one in the parks.

If this is a feasible plan, which of the hotels might have the best selection of MB+ or is there a way I can find out what’s in stock ahead of time?

If you already have a WDW MagicBand+, it will work at DLR. If you just have a regular MB, it won't. I'm saying this in case you have MB+ from WDW and didn't know you could use it at DL.

If you don't already have a MB+, I'm going to have to let others advise you on whether or not your plan would be feasible. I do know that it's probably going to be a long drive from LAX including a store stop, and then to try and park at a Disney hotel to buy a MB+ before then going to your hotel to check in sounds kind of miserable to me. If the plan is to check in and then drive to the hotel, I think Park Vue is a kind of roundabout loop from DLH or GCH and I don't know their gift shop hours.

Hopefully others will chime in! Lots of locals and frequent visitors here who will know more about it than I.

I’ll be arriving at 6:30 p.m. at LAX and plan to pick up rental car and make one stop (likely Target) for breakfast and snack items plus other incidentals and then would like to pop into one of the hotels to purchase a Magicband+ before checking in at Park Vue Inn so I can have it fully charged for rope drop the following morning.

Is it possible to easily do this, if not a Disney hotel guest? At WDW pre-2020 it was simple, I’d either park in accessible parking or leave the car with valet at no charge (with accessible parking permit), so I’m hoping for one of these options at DL. Of course, Downtown Disney is another option but I don’t think I’ll have the energy for it after a long travel day. If I can be quick, I’ll be able to settle in for a restful night to make the most of day one in the parks.

If this is a feasible plan, which of the hotels might have the best selection of MB+ or is there a way I can find out what’s in stock ahead of time?
I’ve stayed at the GCH and PPH frequently and they both had a big selection (GCH having a whole wall and PPH having about half of that), but I’d imagine the DLH gift shop also has a good selection, and I’ll be checking in there in exactly one week so I can let you know about that too unless others can input! The gift shops at DLG and GCH are open from 7 am - 1130 pm, and the PPH one is open from 7 am - 10pm!

I have stayed at Park Vue before, and honestly if I were you I would check into the hotel and just walk over to GCH/World of Disney. It will take you all of 5 or 10 minutes to walk over - Park Vue is right at the Harbor crosswalk to Disneyland, and it's just a short walk through the esplanade to DTD. You will need to go through security, but that doesn't take long.

My son and I did that when we flew in last November. We took a Lyft to Park Vue and got checked in, and then walked over to DTD and bought our MB+ at World of Disney. It was fun to wander DTD and grab dessert that evening, and it's so close to the hotel it was a pleasant walk. We stayed at CBR at WDW last June, and I think the walk from our room to the main pool was longer there than the walk from Park Vue to DTD at DLR!

I don’t have an MB+ yet, last trip to WDW was in late 2020. I’m in Canada and so international shipping can be cost prohibitive with shopdisney plus the online selection was pretty minimal. I checked ebay early this morning for what’s available and cost. Potential for order and ship to a wholesale delivery provider for a nominal fee in Niagara Falls, NY (live a 1/2 hour away) is a viable option since I may have a day trip over the border planned in early May.

I like the DTD option and imagine I can have an ECV delivered early enough that evening so it’s there when I arrive and can manage after a long travel day compounded by two prior nights away from home then leaving right from there to the airport. By the time I get to Anaheim, I’ll either be pooped or wired.

Thanks @remyvisitsDLR for the offer to share the selection available at DLH.

Any other thoughts anyone else has would be welcomed!

I don’t have an MB+ yet, last trip to WDW was in late 2020. I’m in Canada and so international shipping can be cost prohibitive with shopdisney plus the online selection was pretty minimal. I checked ebay early this morning for what’s available and cost. Potential for order and ship to a wholesale delivery provider for a nominal fee in Niagara Falls, NY (live a 1/2 hour away) is a viable option since I may have a day trip over the border planned in early May.

I like the DTD option and imagine I can have an ECV delivered early enough that evening so it’s there when I arrive and can manage after a long travel day compounded by two prior nights away from home then leaving right from there to the airport. By the time I get to Anaheim, I’ll either be pooped or wired.

Thanks @remyvisitsDLR for the offer to share the selection available at DLH.

Any other thoughts anyone else has would be welcomed!

I found the Park Vue staff to be very helpful when we stayed, so hopefully they can assist with the ECV delivery and make your arrival go smoothly! I love to travel but it's definitely exhausting.

I'm taking 3 teens to DLR in two weeks and we'll be landing in Long Beach at 9:10pm, so by the time we get to our hotel it will be close to 10pm on a Friday night. I suspect we will be "wired tired" - crazy excited to be there but also tired from a long day of school/work and travel - so I'm guessing we'll do a short walk over to DTD to get a quick Disney fix before I shoo them back to the hotel and attempt to get them all to settle down and go to sleep! Two of the teens don't have MB+ so they're currently debating if they want to get them or not, and I'm guessing they'll want to get them as soon as possible after we arrive.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Honestly, just wait until the next day and buy it when you get to the park. It arrives charged halfway, but the charge isn't really even needed for basic functions (tapping in). The charge only makes the lights light up and the band do the "magical" extra stuff like the Bounty Hunters game. If you won't be playing the game, you will be fine until you get back to your hotel that night and can charge it at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter