MagicBand+ Issues

KVacc

Mouseketeer
We just received a magic band+ in the mail, I charged it yesterday and then went to pair it today but noticed that the decals are all peeling off already. Has anyone else had this problem? This is super disappointing!

Oh NO!!! I have heard so many disappointing reviews on these and that is just so sad!! Bring your receipt with you and they will replace it.

I have heard that many people can't get them to work properly in the parks either :(

Oh NO!!! I have heard so many disappointing reviews on these and that is just so sad!! Bring your receipt with you and they will replace it.

I have heard that many people can't get them to work properly in the parks either :(
We couldn't get ours to work in the park. It was the biggest waste of money. I wish I had held off to see what people thought but FOMO got the best of me :(

We couldn't get ours to work in the park. It was the biggest waste of money. I wish I had held off to see what people thought but FOMO got the best of me :(
I think we will be bringing old ones then just in case!! Thanks for the heads up. That stinks.

I decided to only upgrade one of our bands instead of all 4 due to how many bad reviews I have been seeing. Fun idea but seems like these weren't quite yet ready for primetime.

My kids all older have decided they are not interested in their bands lighting up at statues and rides. Going to go with the non + bands. Now if you could bring back her talking Mickey she would be all in.

I was in MK when they were released so I bought it there. Made sure I didn’t leave until it was properly activated and working!

Mine is definitely NOT decals… the graphic is painted on. Biggest issue I’ve had is the charge only lasts a day so I had to keep reminding myself to put it on the charger before bed!

Which ones? The 4 I ordered sure aren't.

I was in MK when they were released so I bought it there. Made sure I didn’t leave until it was properly activated and working!

Mine is definitely NOT decals… the graphic is painted on. Biggest issue I’ve had is the charge only lasts a day so I had to keep reminding myself to put it on the charger before bed!
I got my son the Darth Vader one, I just looked again, the whole bottom strap with Darth is a sticker I can peel off, it seems to be a mix. I don’t know if you can tell from the pics where it’s bubbling and coming off or not.

Attachments

• E2B5301A-0323-446D-B828-5BAFF8F9CBCD.jpeg
    E2B5301A-0323-446D-B828-5BAFF8F9CBCD.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 62499AEE-EB3B-4D7D-BA7C-969B6D34862D.jpeg
    62499AEE-EB3B-4D7D-BA7C-969B6D34862D.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 53
  • AA8D06FE-8FC8-4ADF-8005-81C3038E17B7.jpeg
    AA8D06FE-8FC8-4ADF-8005-81C3038E17B7.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 52

Just got back and couldn’t help but notice all the people who had band off in hand - waving them frantically trying to get them to work.

I was very interested but seeing that over and over was all I needed to see to decide no.

I got my son the Darth Vader one, I just looked again, the whole bottom strap with Darth is a sticker I can peel off, it seems to be a mix. I don’t know if you can tell from the pics where it’s bubbling and coming off or not.
No can’t tell anything in the photos
that’s not one we got
odd they are a mixture

Just got back and couldn’t help but notice all the people who had band off in hand - waving them frantically trying to get them to work.

I was very interested but seeing that over and over was all I needed to see to decide no.
They still work like regular bands for tapping though. No need to take them off for that
or do you mean they are trying to do something for statutes?

They still work like regular bands for tapping though. No need to take them off for that
or do you mean they are trying to do something for statutes?
They work for regular tapping and ride photos still. They were probably waving the bands around at the statues. Also, the new bands seem to pop off much easier. My fiance almost lost his a few times because it just popped off his wrist and he didnt feel it.

At least y'all have yours. Our box arrived on Friday (trip is in 17 days), but it had been opened at one end and taped up. The bands had been removed, cardboard insert and all. But the chargers were still in the box.

Steve

Ours did not stay on our wrist as well as older bands have. Since you have to keep taking them on and off, they become less secure the more you use them. One of the + bands kept popping off from day 1. We brought a set of older bands with us, and those worked fine.

We also could not get them to pair properly.

Ours did not stay on our wrist as well as older bands have. Since you have to keep taking them on and off, they become less secure the more you use them. One of the + bands kept popping off from day 1. We brought a set of older bands with us, and those worked fine.

We also could not get them to pair properly.
We do wear BitBelts on our MB ever since we had one fly off on an attraction. But if the only way to get the MB+ to work at interactive places is to remove them, that would get old in a minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter