MagicBand+ designs at World of Disney?

ImarriedGrumpy

AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy
Are there more or different MB+ designs in the Downtown Disney shops than are available online? A friend is wanting to buy some as gifts (long story), but only a couple of the designs available on the ShopDisney website are appealing to the recipients. He's wondering if he should just give them Disney gift cards and they can buy them when they arrive, since they'll get in the night before their first park day. I was there in November and saw several designs that I don't see online, but of course stock changes all the time so I thought I'd check in with you all. Has anyone been there recently who can confirm the selection is different? I tried doing an image search online, but all I could find were pictures from the roll out last fall.
Thanks!

Are there more or different MB+ designs in the Downtown Disney shops than are available online? A friend is wanting to buy some as gifts (long story), but only a couple of the designs available on the ShopDisney website are appealing to the recipients. He's wondering if he should just give them Disney gift cards and they can buy them when they arrive, since they'll get in the night before their first park day. I was there in November and saw several designs that I don't see online, but of course stock changes all the time so I thought I'd check in with you all. Has anyone been there recently who can confirm the selection is different? I tried doing an image search online, but all I could find were pictures from the roll out last fall.
Thanks!
There are a ton of Magic band selections at world of Disney and inside the park. No need to buy early if they don’t find a design they like online.

I heard Pin Traders in DTD had a big variety. What are people's thoughts? I know its weird, but that gives us TWO places to shop- Pin Traders and WOD...LOL

I heard Pin Traders in DTD had a big variety. What are people's thoughts? I know its weird, but that gives us TWO places to shop- Pin Traders and WOD...LOL
The resort gift shops have them as well. (DLH had a relatively decent selection when I was there six weeks ago.)

Are there more or different MB+ designs in the Downtown Disney shops than are available online?
Hopefully, someone can chime in with a more current answer - but they've basically been withholding stock of all the DLR-specific MB+'s from ShopDisney (save for the Magic Key one, which they must have ordered a million of), so I think it'd be a pretty safe bet that the on-site selection will be better than anything else, especially if the recipients don't like the ShopDisney ones.

Here's a small sampling of what WoD had six weeks ago. (I mean, they had a wall of them, over on the west side of the store.)

mbplus02.jpg

mbplus01.jpg

Thank you everyone! The gift giver decided he will give the recipients Disney gift cards with a printout about MB+ and we’ll plan on heading to DTD on arrival evening to get the bands. I think they’ll enjoy picking out bands in person!
I think that's a great idea. I wanted to get one for my daughter and grandson but since the trip was a surprise for him, I thought it best to wait and let him pick out his own. Glad I did because he absolutely fell in love with the Lilo and Stitch band, which I would not have thought would be what he'd want.

He loved it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter