Magicband delivery - How long before the trip?

ffugitive

DIS Veteran
Seem to recall always getting them a month prior. I am two weeks away from our trip and have not received. Any cause for concern?

They usually ship about 30 days before and can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks to show up.

Have they been shipped yet? If so, there should be a tracking number if you log into MDE, which you can use to track with USPS. They get sent Parcel Post, so sometimes they take a very, um, creative route to get to the destination. I live in Atlanta, and one set of bands shipped out of Davenport, FL went all over the midwest before arriving in Atlanta nearly two weeks after they shipped.

FWIW it was my fault. I had not completed the customization on one of the bands (I did not realize you could not just leave one of them on default gray - you have to go in and confirm you want the default). I guess they delay shipment to a point if not fully customized.

FWIW it was my fault. I had not completed the customization on one of the bands (I did not realize you could not just leave one of them on default gray - you have to go in and confirm you want the default). I guess they delay shipment to a point if not fully customized.

That doesn't sound right. We didn't customize once and we got a notification to pick them up at the front desk. I'm guessing had you failed to get them any longer this would have happened to you.

4 weeks from now I'll be at JFK waiting to fly to MCO - and I woke up this morning to Mickey email saying that my Magic Band is on the way!!

Anyway they assured me we would receive them in time, and if not, we can get new ones at the desk. They would not be customized, but that's OK, we designed stickers.

There was one time we got them a month prior, one time we got them a week prior. I suppose it depends on how many they are shipping in a given period and how long it took for you and them to customize them? There was one year I got my DME luggage tags two days before my trip as well. THAT was scary.

Mine just shipped and i'm 30 days out.

When I went in 2015, we did a last minute trip and I had to book everything (Reservations, room, FP) 3 weeks out. However the first 5 days of our trip we went to Myrtle beach so I was naturally worried about getting them the day before we arrive in Florida. I called CS and the woman assured me I would get them in time, I got them 4 days before we had to drive to Myrtle beach.

They usually ship about 30 days before and can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks to show up.

Have they been shipped yet? If so, there should be a tracking number if you log into MDE, which you can use to track with USPS. They get sent Parcel Post, so sometimes they take a very, um, creative route to get to the destination. I live in Atlanta, and one set of bands shipped out of Davenport, FL went all over the midwest before arriving in Atlanta nearly two weeks after they shipped.
helpful, thank yoU!

We arrive Sept 8th, so 26 days away. Our bands are to be delivered today, per the US mail tracking.

I get a “last day to be customized” message on MDE. And I totally forgot & did it on that last day. I’m surprised it let you customize after that point & they still shipped them.

I have been shipped incorrect Magic Bands twice in the past 2 weeks. Both shipments did not include all of our family members, only the 'lead' person and not the color band selected. After the first time, I called and the order was re-recreated with the IT person was on the phone with me. All good they said, until the box showed up just like the last box. One band, wrong color.

This time they said, "this has been happening a lot lately..and I can't get anyone within the MB department to talk right now... uh, we'll send them to your resort." I have no email confirmations and nothing is showing up on MDE. We'll see...

Does anyone know if we show up with no magic bands, we will get them at the front desk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter