Magicband choices and ordering - what's up with that?

ilanakan

DIS Veteran
Am I the only one ready to give up on this? I have been trying to order our magicbands for the past 2 weeks. Beyond the fact that we were promised 35 types of bands to choose from, and as of now there are 13 (and mostly it hasn't been over 25 at one time, at least for the past month), when I do try to order one, either it's out of stock (then why in hell is it still up there?), or it allows me to add it to my Magicbands, but when I try to complete the order, then it's out of stock. Seriously???? I am so frustrated with this. Am I the only one?

I gave up and just ordered standard ones. Could never get more than two that our family of four wanted, and never managed to get both kids choice at once (which would have been fine!)

I gave up and just ordered standard ones. Could never get more than two that our family of four wanted, and never managed to get both kids choice at once (which would have been fine!)
So true. My daughter has been really good, and flexible, but none of her choices are ever available. The thing is that I feel that even as soon as they add a type of magicband as available, it's already sold out? What's up with that?

There's a big thread on this here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-band-upgrade-frustrating.3767334/. Yes, it's a known issues, has been from the start, and unless they fix something, you will likely not get upgraded bands for your whole party. You may luck out and get one or two, but that's it. I was just looking for two different ones. Stalked it for months. They never came up and ones that did were often not really available. It was a huge time waste and, in the scheme of things, not that important to be wasting all my time on looking. I ended up ordering skins for the birthday girl I was looking for.

We broke down and each got the same Magic Band =
Castle MagicBand
Paid the extra money = $20 each
But at least we get them personalized and DH & DW celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary will have matching bands

On the Disney Store website - no engraving and would have to bring them to the Disney Store in DS and wait 1 & 1/2 hours for them :(

We broke down and each got the same Magic Band =
Castle MagicBand
Paid the extra money = $20 each
But at least we get them personalized and DH & DW celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary will have matching bands

On the Disney Store website - no engraving and would have to bring them to the Disney Store in DS and wait 1 & 1/2 hours for them :(
I want that band too, but not able to get a band for DD (and she's quite flexible with the ones she'd like). By the time they have one for her, the castle will be sold out. Soooooo frustrated.

I'm so annoyed that the site would let me select a Pineapple Whip magicband to order, only to tell me near checkout that it was sold out.
The Castle magicband was available 2 days ago (that's when I ordered one). Would be a bummer if it's sold out already. :(

I'm so annoyed that the site would let me select a Pineapple Whip magicband to order, only to tell me near checkout that it was sold out.
The Castle magicband was available 2 days ago (that's when I ordered one). Would be a bummer if it's sold out already. :(
I was just on the site and the Castle Band was there. There were 17 bands available. I just get the free ones so don't know if the others will come up as sold out.

Sorry to hear the Castle teal band was sold out
I bet WDW will come out with another $20 band
I could not get the $10 bands and DH wanted a blue band
So I went with teal - which is sort of blue
DH really does not care - but I said we will match since it will be our 35th wedding anniversary when
we return to WDW in 2020

I went to Hallmark and bought an ornament that looks like an old record player with Mickey on it
All will go under our Christmas Tree this year
DH already found our new Samsonite hard sided luggage - in blue of course
He knows all my hiding places :love:

Yep, I gave up. Just ordered regular ones. Pretty much impossible to get what we want for our group of six. The hardest part was that I had already shown all the options to my two young children. They really don't understand when I try to explain why they can't have the bands they want. Ugh! :headache:

Yes. I’ve been trying for over a month. Their systems are total crap. I haven’t really been able to get anything. The deadline is tomorrow to customize our bands after that we get standard ones. Such an easy process I’m surprised Disney can’t figure out such a basic task like this.

It's really hit or miss. I wanted a Pirates one and while it would show up, I never was able to order it. I did get a Sorcerer Mickey one on my last trip and a Cinderella's Castle and Figment F&W one this time around (both were first time I'd have ever seen those).

I didn't wait around for the limited edition or special MagicBand designs to show up on the Disney website at a discounted price or being an upgrade; so whenever they came up on the website earlier this year, I just purchased them outright. My group all wanted ones that were of their choosing and I was able to get them. I look at them as souvenirs of our vacation, so the extra money spent towards them wasn't an issue for me.

It seems going on a Disney vacation requires a lot (sorry, A LOT) of pre-planning... :jester:

Am I the only one ready to give up on this? I have been trying to order our magicbands for the past 2 weeks. Beyond the fact that we were promised 35 types of bands to choose from, and as of now there are 13 (and mostly it hasn't been over 25 at one time, at least for the past month), when I do try to order one, either it's out of stock (then why in hell is it still up there?), or it allows me to add it to my Magicbands, but when I try to complete the order, then it's out of stock. Seriously???? I am so frustrated with this. Am I the only one?

You are not the only one.....but personally......i could care less.

We just need our basic colors and we are good to go. never felt the need to "bling" up our bands.

They do not appear to exist yet - and I am amazed....

Now that the REAL "Magic Band" (the PUCK - that which does all the work) can be moved around? AMAZED that an overseas Mom&Pop shop hasn't flooded EBAY with "Plastic Wrist Band that will hold US Theme Park Device" offerings.

The BAND is just a chunk of fairly cheap plastic :). Just have to avoid copyright issues with images or names :).
There are some knockoff decal companies. Here's an example: https://www.magicyourband.com/index.php/magicband-2-skins.html

I wouldn't be surprised if a copyright/trademark fight is coming since these descriptions and pictures are obviously meant to copy Disney characters.

I read the skins do not adhere well and bubble.
Not water proof either.

If I purchase a MagicBand at the parks while I'm on vacation, is it relatively simple to get it swapped out/linked to my account during my stay? There are some really neat bands that only appear in park (as far as I can tell) and I wouldn't have a way to get them ahead of time. In that scenario, I'd just register for a basic band ahead of time and then try to swap at the park on the first day.

Looking at that sweet new Mr. Toad band that popped up at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter