MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

I saw an Iron Man one on a FB page, someone who bought at resort store. So seems like there are other options that were not available for the pre-order.

I'm hoping they have a cute Guardians one at the Cosmic Rewind store!

On the line with Disney trying to get my MDE 'reset' as I'd already ordered MB2s for our next onsite stay. Can anyone who managed to get this done tell me exactly which dept they were spoke with?

edit; never mind, got it done!! Yipp-ee!!!

Last edited:
On the line with Disney trying to get my MDE 'reset' as I'd already ordered MB2s for our next onsite stay. Can anyone who managed to get this done tell me exactly which dept they were spoke with?
can you do that? I heard it is only one MB per guest per reservation

I got the Orange Bird for myself and the Fireworks one for my DH. Our regular MBs are all pretty old.

does anyone know if the "dumb" MB features (ticket, room key, charging privileges) will work on these MB+ even if they're not charged?

I called 407-939-5277, when it asked what I needed help with I said magic bands and then selected other and that got me with a cast member who was able to submit the request to reset.

I got the 50th Anniversary band for my Dec. stay and am trying to decide on the 2nd one for my AP. Is the Orange Bird band the AP exclusive one? It's not marked that way but I didn't see it show up for some people on another forum.

I didn’t see any AP exclusive ones

First look at Disney's new MagicBand+ as online and in-store sales begin at Walt Disney World

The MagicBand+ comes pre-charged, but not to 100%. It is enough to pair and update the software and begin using it.

Charging the MagicBand+ requires you to supply your own USB type A charger and use the provided 6-inch cable with cradle. Approximate battery life can be seen in My Disney Experience and is expected to last 1 - 3 days, depending on use. Disney recommends daily overnight charging.

I called 407-939-5277, when it asked what I needed help with I said magic bands and then selected other and that got me with a cast member who was able to submit the request to reset.
so you are getting more for the same reservation? I did not know that is allowed

so you are getting more for the same reservation? I did not know that is allowed

Yes, we booked our Sept. 2022 reservation in June 2021. We ordered magic bands last fall. I called this morning explained I was a resort guest and wanted to order the new magic band. They reset the MB purchase for my booking party and I was able to place an order.

They allowed it if you already ordered for an upcoming trip before they announced the 7/27 Magiband+ release date. I called a few days ago and the CM reset my account. They will not allow returns of the original band purchased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter