• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

I wonder if they will sell them online in advance of July 27th. We leave a few days later and I doubt we will be able to easily find them when we arrive to WDW that first week they are out. Wish they allowed those staying on property July 27th or later to purchase them ahead of time---but that would be an onsite perk and why would they do something crazy like that?!

I wonder if they will sell them online in advance of July 27th. We leave a few days later and I doubt we will be able to easily find them when we arrive to WDW that first week they are out. Wish they allowed those staying on property July 27th or later to purchase them ahead of time---but that would be an onsite perk and why would they do something crazy like that?!
Same situation here.

It would be nice if they limited purchases at resort gift shops for a few weeks to guests of that resort only.....

Damn, today more colors are in the system for those of us staying on property in September...wonder if the PLUS ones will be available for us? Or should I just choose pink now? LMAO.

PinkGalore.JPG

So we all sign into the same my Disney experience account - me, husband, child. Do we need to have them each sign up for their own to have these work properly?

Agreed. We arrive on 7/29, so hoping we will be able to find them onsite! Even if they were available now to order online today, I would worry that they would not arrive on time. We leave early 7/28 as we are driving.....

So we all sign into the same my Disney experience account - me, husband, child. Do we need to have them each sign up for their own to have these work properly?

No I don’t believe you will need to have separate accounts. I believe we will be able to link each person’s band to the correct person in the account (similar to how it is now but with different technology). They would not want young children having their own accounts.

MagicBand+ Launching July 27th at Walt Disney World

05ECB673-A0CC-481D-85A2-BF87289DAF84.jpeg

But our newest wearable also has great new features, including color-changing lights, haptic vibrations, and gesture recognition – plus it pairs to your smartphone using the My Disney Experience app. Once you get your hands on one, you’ll want to do it all – and there’s a lot you can do when MagicBand+ launches!

Thanks. Its too late for me as we were there in late June and early July, so oh well.

I’m with you. We arrive on 7/31 and I hope there will still be some available onsite by then!

I just wonder whether the puck is removable, so we could put it in a watch band slider or Magic Keeper. I hated wearing both a watch and a MB! But I love the images on the MB+ pucks!

MagicBand+ Setup Guide

Ahead of the release of MagicBand+ on July 27th, Disney has posted a MagicBand+ setup guide for guests purchasing the new wearable. Here’s the MagicBand+ setup guide:

• Step 1 – Power your band on by pressing the button on the back once, and tap the band to your phone.
magicband-plus-setup-guide-power-on-2000x1089.jpg

magicband-plus-setup-guide-power-on-2-2000x1087.jpg

• Step 2 – You will be directed to open or download the My Disney Experience app.
  • Step 3 – Follow the instructions in the app to link the MagicBand+ to your Disney account, assign it to a Guest and pair it to your mobile device. Then, use the app to make sure your band is charged and the software is up to date.

magicband-plus-setup-guide-pair-1-2000x1077.jpg
magicband-plus-setup-guide-pair-2-2000x1130.jpg

magicband-plus-setup-guide-pair-3-2000x1098.jpg
magicband-plus-setup-guide-pair-4-2000x1086.jpg

• Step 4 – Be sure to link your park tickets, reservations and more.

I just wonder whether the puck is removable, so we could put it in a watch band slider or Magic Keeper. I hated wearing both a watch and a MB! But I love the images on the MB+ pucks!
I'm pretty sure some of the reviews that came out after these first accidentally appeared in store a few months back said the puck is a different shape than the current MB's. So I'm sure they'll be happy to sell anyone who wants them new versions of the appropriate additional accessories if they made the new pucks removable.

According to CMs and others that were able to get these early, the battery life of Magicband+ lasts 1-3 days. It seems like it's another electronic you'll have to charge at the end of the night alongside your phone and portable charger. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter