MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

Haven’t used a MB in years. I take it these are more for resort guests and/or AP holders?

Haven’t used a MB in years. I take it these are more for resort guests and/or AP holders?
No it’s just to add some flashing colors and such. Somebody probably decided it was time to “modernize” MB, but either way def not just for resort guests. Albeit being a resort guest always makes any MB more useful as you can charge to your room.

Charging is a killer for me though. Do not want to deal with this for a minimal improvement.

What are they supposed to do differently?
They activate "stuff" like the statues, light up during fireworks....I don't really see that being enough for me to worry with them at this point because you have to worry with keeping it charged.

I think of these like the wands at Universal. The plain versus the fancy ones that activate window displays, etc. If you hang out by it long enough someone with a fancy one will come by and you get the full benefit of it.

They activate "stuff" like the statues, light up during fireworks....I don't really see that being enough for me to worry with them at this point because you have to worry with keeping it charged.

I think of these like the wands at Universal. The plain versus the fancy ones that activate window displays, etc. If you hang out by it long enough someone with a fancy one will come by and you get the full benefit of it.
The wands are full blown games though, more like the old card game. This doesn’t really seem equal to that, unless there is much more to it I haven’t seen. Now if you could discover things like the old card spots and activate them and then have it link to your mde and show special effects and info while keeping track of what you had discovered, then I would def be on board for the kids.

I wanna know what is the reason to link to Bluetooth... Will it's vibrate if I get a message ? Also I wish it had a clock...

Last edited:
Any ideas where the June 2022 timeframe is coming from and whether it is reliable? Also, based on past releases like this, if June 2022 is the "go live" date, will sales likely also start that same day, or will they have sales (or preorders) available ahead of time?

I'm so excited that it looks like this will be available for our July 2022 trip! I had my family all picking out general color and design interests to I can get our order in right away in case they go live unexpectedly!

The wands are full blown games though, more like the old card game. This doesn’t really seem equal to that, unless there is much more to it I haven’t seen. Now if you could discover things like the old card spots and activate them and then have it link to your mde and show special effects and info while keeping track of what you had discovered, then I would def be on board for the kids.
They (universal) must have added more since we last went. They were only making a few things move and etc when we were there

I knew this would happen lol. Ordered our MBs on 4/22 because I jumped when I saw the plain colored ones my DH and one DD wanted. We don't go until July so we would have had time for these. Oh well, plain ones it is! Disney is getting enough of our money

I just happened to be there and bought 2 of the last 6 that were on the shelf, one red and one black. I would not say they were pulled off the shelf. There were "resellers" stalking the rack with several already in their hand. I assume you could buy two per color with the "limit" they had in place. Once the last ones were taken by shoppers the shelf stayed empty for about 15 min at which point it was restocked with regular MagicBand2.

I was there for a good 40 minutes with the bands in my basket and they still let me buy them.

It was my departure date so I am glad I was not counting on them working if my trip was just starting. I mainly got them because l wanted to have them for my next trip in the event that they were hard to find. They were about $24 after AP discount.

For me, the charger makes this a no go. We have never gone often enough to warrant a rechargeable MB. I've got enough remembering to keep my samsung watch charged.

They look so big and I'm not a fan. Hopefully I will be able to our old bands with our next visit in 2024.

They look so big and I'm not a fan. Hopefully I will be able to our old bands with our next visit in 2024.
All existing MagicBands will continue to work for most functions for virtually forever. The only functions that will stop working are automatic ride photo linking and any interactive queue elements as these require the internal battery.

Any ideas where the June 2022 timeframe is coming from and whether it is reliable? Also, based on past releases like this, if June 2022 is the "go live" date, will sales likely also start that same day, or will they have sales (or preorders) available ahead of time?

I'm so excited that it looks like this will be available for our July 2022 trip! I had my family all picking out general color and design interests to I can get our order in right away in case they go live unexpectedly!

Disney said 2022, but considering someone accidentally put them out for sale in DS yesterday, I'd guess it's very soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter