Magicband 2 at Resorts

It seems like everyone has the new bands. We feel like second class guests. Riding on the bus to MK last night we were the only people on a packed bus that had old bands.

I'm a little confused about why everyone is so wanting the 2.0 bands? I found the 1.0s fit my kids' wrists better and we found no advantage to the 2.0s. Why worry about such a small detail? I know that you can get other gadgets for the pop outs but otherwise they're just bigger.

I'm a little confused about why everyone is so wanting the 2.0 bands? I found the 1.0s fit my kids' wrists better and we found no advantage to the 2.0s. Why worry about such a small detail? I know that you can get other gadgets for the pop outs but otherwise they're just bigger.
For me, I find the bands uncomfortable. If I wear it loose it just twists and turns. If I wear it tight it gets sweaty. I wanted the new band so that I could get one of the caribeaners(sp?).

For me, I find the bands uncomfortable. If I wear it loose it just twists and turns. If I wear it tight it gets sweaty. I wanted the new band so that I could get one of the caribeaners(sp?).

That makes sense! I found the new bands a bit more uncomfortable than the old ones so wasn't sure if everyone just figured they'd be a better fit if worn on the wrist.

That makes sense! I found the new bands a bit more uncomfortable than the old ones so wasn't sure if everyone just figured they'd be a better fit if worn on the wrist.
The new ones do look like they sit flat on the back of your wrist.
I think also, when something is new we all want it. We really feel odd not having the new ones when it appears that everyone else has them. I'm sure we are not truly alone with them here but it feels that way.

The new ones do look like they sit flat on the back of your wrist.
I think also, when something is new we all want it. We really feel odd not having the new ones when it appears that everyone else has them. I'm sure we are not truly alone with them here but it feels that way.

I'm just reading this novel written by a former Guest Relations CM. There's a lot that these people can do. Have you tried going into GR at MK and see if they can give you back that Magic that this trip is missing because you're the only ones without the new MB. It can't hurt and it may work. Just a suggestion.

I wanted to get the new style so that I could turn it into a zipper pull for my coat when i got home --- to keep the magic with me!

Checked in today and got 2.0 bands. Our band order contained green, blue, purple, grey, and the magic colour: red.

Magic color red? Lol.

Seems to be what is triggering the 2.0 orders. Theory is that they are out of "old" red bands, so those who have red in their order are getting new bands. And so far those who do not have red are still getting the old bands.

So "magic" for those who care. :) I've mostly just been having fun guessing at the pattern, and then watching to see if it holds.

My DD wants red this year so maybe we will get the new bands.:) We don't go until November so I am hopeful that everyone will get the new bands by then.

Seems to be what is triggering the 2.0 orders. Theory is that they are out of "old" red bands, so those who have red in their order are getting new bands. And so far those who do not have red are still getting the old bands.

So "magic" for those who care. :) I've mostly just been having fun guessing at the pattern, and then watching to see if it holds.
Ah. Well fantastic. My mother wanted the red band. :p haha. I want gray. :smokin:

I will be picking up bands at Pop Century on Tuesday (Eeek!!) and we do not have red in our order. I will report back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter