• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Southern Caribbean ~ 9/20/14

We are planning to do this cruise as a B2B with the transatlantic cruise.
ValBob89
Valerie & Bob (adults no children)
from San Francisco
yes to the FE exhange

I have recently made a decision to not to participate on the FB pages for the cruises.

val

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

We signed up for this cruise while on the WBPC this year. Is anyone else going B2B with the WBTA?

I agree! There was a very active facebook group for the WBPC this year, but I felt the group as a whole on the ship was much less "bonded" than previous cruises where there was a "disboards" group. The facebookers aren't all "dis-ers" and I feel the loss of "group identity".

We are two "older than dirt" adults (Bruce & Linda), upstate New York transplanted to Northwest Georgia. No kids traveling with us, but we may have our Teddy Bears. I don't think we'll be doing FE due to weight constraints flying to Europe for the WBTA and home from San Juan.

Happy Day, All.

Linda - thrilled to see you and Bruce will be on this cruise. We are doing the TA and plan to B2B with this one.
I also think the introduction of the FB group as changed the DISboard experience. Maybe it is because people are texting into FB from their smart phones, but it seems people are less mindful of how their words can be hurtful, very high school like. I just know I don't have time for it now.

GOOD MORNIN ALL

weeks over going for a ride today and maybe the PARKS over the weekend,:cool1:

afternoon showers and 90s in the day

80 or so at night

have a safe weekend all

garRy:hippie:

We are planning to do this cruise as a B2B with the transatlantic cruise.
ValBob89
Valerie & Bob (adults no children)
from San Francisco
yes to the FE exhange

I have recently made a decision to not to participate on the FB pages for the cruises.

val

We are Sue and Richard and are doing the WBTA as well as this one to make it a B2B. We don't have kids either but are hoping some friends from Kentucky will be flying over to San Juan to join us for this part of our holiday.

GOOD MORNIN

okay 1 week closer to cruise time,
thinking of going to the parks today, :confused3 not much else
nice in the mornings then rain in afternoon :eek:popcorn:: just florida I guess:rolleyes1

have a safe week all

garRy:beach:

GOOD MORNIN

okay 1 week closer to cruise time,
thinking of going to the parks today, :confused3 not much else
nice in the mornings then rain in afternoon :eek:popcorn:: just florida I guess:rolleyes1

have a safe week all

garRy:beach:

You could let me know when you come up this way. :goodvibes

We signed on for this cruise during our Med cruise at the beginning of this month. I am so excited. I am working on getting a degree in travel and just finished the Caribbean and was hoping that we could swing this cruise to see some of the other islands. Our Med cruise was our 6th cruise and love that they will be putting a little extra onto the Magic. In the Med, we talked to CM's who are equally excited. Especially the head chef in Palo as he is getting all new equipment. It looks as though they are doing a lot of switching around of CM's to different ships. We had our server from our December Dream cruise appear 1/2 way through the Med cruise saying he had just gotten on board. We are hoping to see him again for this cruise. We shall see.
Anyway, for sure it will be DH (Jeff) and I (Sue) but we booked it with our 13 yr old son, Alec. If we can convince Grandma to stay with him, we may actually get our 1st trip away together since our honeymoon (I have two sons from my previous marriage in case you were scratching your head about that!:idea:)! :cool1::cool1::cool1: We may bring my sister along, too. She has been traveling with us to a few places and it works out nicely. We didn't take her to the Med but we did all go to Aulani and what a great time, there!
We live in Northern California and are still debating how best to get to San Juan.
I think we might pass on the FE's but if our son goes, I might do it for him.
So I think I have covered it all.
OH, I requested a join on the FB page, too. Glad to meet all of you and I hope we get to know each other better. I loved meeting everyone from our Med cruise and still see people from our Mexican Riviera cruise back in 2009! :hippie:
Later,
Sue

(Posted on FB too)

:car:Trying to decide on whether to rent a car or not. I figure the cost will be around $100 for the two days I need it. I've never been to San Juan though and wonder if it is something I need. Anyone that has been to San Juan, thoughts?:moped:

It really depends on where you want to go and what you want to see and where you stay. Traffic is horrible on the island and parking in many areas can be a nightmare.
I would say decide where you want to stay and then decide what you want to see/do and then look at transportation options.
Another place to post this question or even look for answers would be on www.cruisecritic.com on their departure port forums.

(Posted on FB too)

:car:Trying to decide on whether to rent a car or not. I figure the cost will be around $100 for the two days I need it. I've never been to San Juan though and wonder if it is something I need. Anyone that has been to San Juan, thoughts?:moped:

As JillJill says, it depends. :drive:

If all you are going to do is stay in San Juan then there is no need for a car. Especially if you are venturing into Old San Juan where the streets are very tight and parking scarce.

You might want to know that the National Park Service offers a free shuttle bus that circulates around the Old San Juan area historic sites.

Just popping in to say hi....:wave2:....I was out of town for a while, then got a stinky virus, so I've not been checking in very often.

I can't wait to see San Juan. Not that I have any idea of WHAT to see. But we like historical places, old forts and buildings......

This may be a stupid question, and if I weren't so lazy, I'd google it, but what are the beaches like?

Just popping in to say hi....:wave2:....I was out of town for a while, then got a stinky virus, so I've not been checking in very often.

I can't wait to see San Juan. Not that I have any idea of WHAT to see. But we like historical places, old forts and buildings......

This may be a stupid question, and if I weren't so lazy, I'd google it, but what are the beaches like?

I have not been to PR yet but here is a good start on checking where to go:
http://islandsofpuertorico.com/beaches-travel-guide/

I am definitely going to look at Vieques maybe for the day and Mosquito Bay at night for the bioluminescent water. It looks like Viator (I have used their tour services a few times) has a kayak tour of one the the bays.
Now, I just need to figure out how many days I need to talk DH into staying before the cruise?
Later!
Sue

I have not been to PR yet but here is a good start on checking where to go:
http://islandsofpuertorico.com/beaches-travel-guide/

I am definitely going to look at Vieques maybe for the day and Mosquito Bay at night for the bioluminescent water. It looks like Viator (I have used their tour services a few times) has a kayak tour of one the the bays.
Now, I just need to figure out how many days I need to talk DH into staying before the cruise?
Later!
Sue

Thanks!

Why does Mosquito Bay not sound very appealing? :rotfl: (note to self: pack the repellant)

Hi all,

WE are going to fly in Wednesday and spend two days being tourists. I too would like to stay on the beach. So I guess I need to do some research. DH has been before but only with a TDY with the air force years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter