Magical Moments Pins - Do They Still Work?

2022 Post 4 update!!! I wasn’t able to test it when I went in 2020, but I was able to test this visit with video this time!!! Good news/bad news… …I was able to confirm and add Small World. Bad news is that it did not go off on Pirates, Haunted Mansion, or Dinosaur. I don’t want to move them down to former attractions though because, I dunno, maybe it was having a bad day.

I was able to film the pin activation, but the two I captured appear to be programmed the same sequence, when I know they were different at the other rides where it did not go off.

I once again did not test Peter Pan because, OMG, offpeak, mid week, during a pandemic with so much economic insecurity in the world and still a 90 minute wait?!? Even with a Genie+ purchase, there’s no hope for getting on that unless that is your one “must do” and you woke up at 7 to book it. Same goes for Space Mountain. And no one in my family wants to ride Tower of Terror to test that one.

This is for park visitors of the future who found this thread in a search: These pins do indeed still work, but the only places I noticed that were still working were:

Not bad for a forgotten 21yo feature.
....OMG, I have one of these!!! I am DEFINITELY going to bring mine with me if they do indeed work! Thanks for the info!

....OMG, I have one of these!!! I am DEFINITELY going to bring mine with me if they do indeed work! Thanks for the info!
Please let know know if any of the attractions I mention still work. Some I wasn’t ever able to test, and others I know worked a few years ago, but didn’t seem to when I visited a couple of weeks ago.

After the 50th, Disney will be celebrating 100 years of the Walt Disney company. So any 100 years merch from way back then would be very useful.

Just purchased one off eBay and will gladly test it on ToT later next week! Will report back on the others, too, assuming the pin I bought still works!

For my early March trip, I ordered one off eBay that definitely was showing it’s age (the flash for tapping was very very slow). I tried replacing and fiddling with the batteries and fully expected it to not work for anything. But! It twinkled appropriately in pirates (or inappropriately, considering it was SO DARK when it went off) and the Gran Fiesta Tour, but did not work in Tower of Terror! I forgot it in Animal Kingdom unfortunately. I wasn’t terribly good at keeping track on what rides set it off, I think because I always had my backpack a certain way that covered the pin, but these were what I jotted down that the flash displayed with my pin.

Also, carry this pin through the metal detectors! It kept setting my backpack off. I realized between day 1 and day 2 because it was the only new addition (and I carry my power bank and metal water bottle in my hand when going through the detector).

EDIT: changed Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom! Sorry for any confusion (I was confused when I reread my post a few days later!!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter