magical extras mini-golf time

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

I think the magical extras mini-golf voucher that comes with a package used to have a time restraint on it (like must be used before 4pm). I booked a package and got the email confirmation with the mini-golf included, and it does not mention the time restraint. But I don't have the actual voucher yet (I think that gets mailed closer to the trip). So, for those of you who recently got a voucher, was there a time restraint on it? I'd like to go in the evening.

Thanks!

This is what the Disney website says. There is not indication of time restrictions:

Miniature Golf
Choose from two 18-hole miniature golf courses. Join Santa and his elves at their off season retreat or delight in a golf adventure based on Disney's classic animated film Fantasia.

• Receive four (4) vouchers per package, each voucher valid for one (1) 18 hole round of miniature golf on one (1) day for one (1) Guest at either Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course or Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course. Voucher and Magical Extras Savings Card are required at time of redemption. Voucher is nontransferable and expires at midnight on the day of checkout. Lost or stolen vouchers will not be replaced. Not valid with any other offer, discount or promotions, and may not be redeemed for cash in whole or in part. Only one miniature golf course may be open from time to time and courses are subject to weather closures. Due to capacity limitations, it may not always be possible to accommodate Guests at the exact time they choose to visit. No photocopy or reproductions of voucher will be accepted. VOUCHER IS VOID IF SOLD.

Also, just a heads up that it's recommended you book early if you wish to go at a specific time as pre-bookings will fill. You can still go and join a waitlist but if you want to avoid that it's recommended you book in advance.

When we last were at Disney a few years ago it had that time constraint which made no sense to us, maybe that has changed. Likely it was a 'perk' Disney hoped you would never use since I would imagine prior to 4 pm is when most are at one of the parks. I can recall playing one of those courses many years ago. Was fun to do one time, but not that big a deal to us even if we had free passes.

Disney doesn't mail the vouchers anymore, the entitlement is handled electronically. Even though there isn't mention of a time constraint, when I called to make a reservation I was told the voucher was only good until 4pm. Not sure if the rules actually updated and the cast members weren't aware, but since I was told that by multiple cast members, I didn't want to risk it so I just used it before 4pm. I'm be curious to know if anyone has had success using it after 4pm.

We really enjoy golf and we've always found it to be a great break from the crowded parks. I'm not sure if we are just lucky but we've never had a wait and never had trouble getting a spot....like I said maybe we've been lucky but I've never seen a big crowd.

We really enjoy golf and we've always found it to be a great break from the crowded parks. I'm not sure if we are just lucky but we've never had a wait and never had trouble getting a spot....like I said maybe we've been lucky but I've never seen a big crowd.
We enjoy mini-golf too, kind of a vacation tradition whereever we go. Did you ever try to use the voucher after 4pm?

When we were there in July, they were enforcing a 4pm time on the vouchers even though I don't think it was explicitly stated on the voucher

Disney doesn't mail the vouchers anymore, the entitlement is handled electronically.
Can anyone clarify how to use the mini golf voucher electronically? Also curious how the magical extras discounts work for the included dining discounts, specifically Joffrey's? This is my first time with a package instead of room and tickets separately, and my trip is coming up in 3 weeks. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter