Magical Express

Jason Vick

Earning My Ears
Good Morning,

I have a trip booked in a few weeks and I've seen a few people say that Magical Express is taking longer than it use to because of the amount of people they are able to fit into the busses due to Covid. I was curious if people here could share their recent experiences. I am currently booked on ME, but was considering switching to a town car service to get us to the resort faster (plus a grocery stop). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Good Morning,

I have a trip booked in a few weeks and I've seen a few people say that Magical Express is taking longer than it use to because of the amount of people they are able to fit into the busses due to Covid. I was curious if people here could share their recent experiences. I am currently booked on ME, but was considering switching to a town car service to get us to the resort faster (plus a grocery stop). Any help is greatly appreciated.
We arrived last Thurs 3/18 - our plane landed at 8:30am. We were off the plane, got our luggage quickly and right to DME, where we were loaded on the bus almost immediately and the bus pulled off 5 minutes later. They told us when we scanned our band to check in for DME that the wait was around 30 minutes. It was probably the quickest we've ever gotten to the resort. When we went in September, we arrived around 8pm and it took longer for our bus to leave - it was around 30 minutes we were waiting for them to get others on before pulling away.

We were there in Feb (presidents week holiday). We waited maybe 5 minutes in the line before boarding the bus. Then it was maybe another 10 minutes while everyone else was loaded onto the bus (we were the first ones loaded).

A lot is going to depend on how many people are landing around your landing time. I was there for Presidents' Week and flew in the night before, spent the night at the MCO Hyatt, and walked down to the bus around 7:30 or so. Walked down my row and was almost immediately sent to the bus. The driver was closing the luggage when one more couple was sent out, and then we were off.

If a lot of people are landing and getting their luggage at the same time, it might take a while. There's just no way to know until you're there.

I am waiting in an insane line for ME right now. There is a posted 90 minute wait, but so far we have not moved and are sitting back by the guys who check you in. I have been taking this for 16 years at all times of year and day and have not experienced anything like this - Including coming here twice before during covid. Not a magical way to start your trip.

Good Morning,

I used Magical Express last week, and it was great. Normal wait (about 20 minutes) to get onto the bus to the resort. No wait for the bus on the way back to the airport. Everyone on the bus is well spaced out, with no one in the row in front of or behind you. It was a good experience. My only mild criticism is that the usual WDW welcome and goodbye videos weren't played (possibly to avoid having to reshoot it with masks). Instead it was only short Disney ads, cartoons, etc.

Last edited:
Today (3/27) the line was INSANE. We landed at 8:30am, had luggage by 9am. We went to get in line for ME and I am not exaggerating when I say there were hundreds of people - the line went all the way down the length of terminal B.

I realize we are in the heart of spring break, but it would have taken a couple hours to get to our resort——we ended up getting out of line and using Uber...best $50 I have ever spent. Was at hotel before 10:00am.

hopefully this is mostly due to large spring break crowds and will calm down in a week or 2, but I was shocked by the # of people in line.

We arrive April 10- sounds like it’s hit or miss. Maybe we should be prepared for an Uber just in case!

we are coming april 20-27th and booked a Towncar. Not interested in starting the trip standing in a line like that at MCO and our last trip in sept the return trip to MCO was not great with the fact they didnt assign seats and they loaded the whole bus up all rows, we did not feel comfortable. Add to it the seats on the bus seemed very dirty. That is just OUR opinion and everyone is different but for us no more DME.

With car rental rates currently being $60 to $80 a day a lot more people will probably take the ME to save money. So I would expect high volume of riders.

Today (3/27) the line was INSANE. We landed at 8:30am, had luggage by 9am. We went to get in line for ME and I am not exaggerating when I say there were hundreds of people - the line went all the way down the length of terminal B.

I realize we are in the heart of spring break, but it would have taken a couple hours to get to our resort——we ended up getting out of line and using Uber...best $50 I have ever spent. Was at hotel before 10:00am.

hopefully this is mostly due to large spring break crowds and will calm down in a week or 2, but I was shocked by the # of people in line.
do you mind me asking where the Uber pick up miss in case I need to do that on my trip. Thank you

I used Magical Express last week, and it was great. Normal wait (about 20 minutes) to get onto the bus to the resort. No wait for the bus on the way back to the airport. Everyone on the bus is well spaced out, with no one in the row in front of or behind you. It was a good experience. My only mild criticism is that the usual WDW welcome and goodbye videos weren't played (possibly to avoid having to reshoot it with masks). Instead it was only short Disney ads, cartoons, etc.
On the return to the airport, was it around the usual 3 hour prior to your flight? Heard it may be longer like 4 hours.

On the return to the airport, was it around the usual 3 hour prior to your flight? Heard it may be longer like 4 hours.
It was 3 hours prior to my flight. We also happened to be the only resort it stopped at (even though it was midday), so we went straight to the airport. It was very nice.

do you mind me asking where the Uber pick up miss in case I need to do that on my trip. Thank you

The Uber website has this info for MCO:

Request when you’re ready to walk outside.
Once you’ve gathered your baggage, choose a ride option that suits your group size, pricing, and luggage storage needs.
Exit on the arrivals level
Exit on Level 2–Arrivals and wait for your driver curbside.
Meet your driver curbside
Always check that your driver’s license plate matches what you see in the app. If you can’t find your driver, contact them through the app.

The Uber website has this info for MCO:

Request when you’re ready to walk outside.
Once you’ve gathered your baggage, choose a ride option that suits your group size, pricing, and luggage storage needs.
Exit on the arrivals level
Exit on Level 2–Arrivals and wait for your driver curbside.
Meet your driver curbside
Always check that your driver’s license plate matches what you see in the app. If you can’t find your driver, contact them through the app.
Thank you

... we told the uber where to get us - i don't know if there is a specific pick up point ...
The curbside has alternating sections that repeat e.g. private car pickup, taxi pickup, hotel shuttle pickup, etc.
The Uber instructions are out of order.
You have to (2) exit on the arrivals level so you can find and describe an appropriate curbside pick up point to the reservationist before you can (1) request "when you're ready to walk outside".

Last edited:
The curbside has alternating sections that repeat e.g. private car pickup, taxi pickup, hotel shuttle pickup, etc.
The Uber instructions are out of order.
You have to (2) exit on the arrivals level so you can find and describe an appropriate curbside pick up point to the reservationist before you can (1) request "when you're ready to walk outside".
Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter