• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express with Scooter

goofypooh

Mouseketeer
We will be bringing my 80 year old mom with us in a few weeks & she will be bringing her own scooter. I need to set up our Magical Express, but I'm wondering how that will work with getting the scooter on the bus from the airport. Not sure if I should mark "wheelchair lift required" since it's not actually a wheelchair. Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks!

You do indeed need to select wheelchair lift required and they will provide appropriate assistance. We have seen that range from using the wheelchair lift on the bus to Disney paying for an accessible Taxi to take you to your resort. So, what exactly will happen when you arrive is anyone's guess, but still gives you an idea.

You do indeed need to select wheelchair lift required and they will provide appropriate assistance. We have seen that range from using the wheelchair lift on the bus to Disney paying for an accessible Taxi to take you to your resort. So, what exactly will happen when you arrive is anyone's guess, but still gives you an idea.
Thank you!

Thanks for the pictures....it helps to have a visual of what to expect! :)

I have previously used the lift on the Magical Express with my personal mobility device (scooter or ECV) and it was no problem. Your Mom will have to be on the scooter, and it does require a bit of precision driving to get it on and off the platform - make sure that she remembers to turn her speed ALL the way DOWN prior to boarding the lift, and to take her time. As long as she doesn't get flustered, and can listen to the Driver's instructions, she should be fine.

There is typically only a chain across the "front" of the lift to help prevent the device from rolling off the lift while it is moving up and down, so make sure that she turns it completely OFF, and takes her hands off the driving controls while the lift is in motion.

If it is too scary for her, then she can ask the driver to stow the ECV under the bus (if it comes apart into sections for transit) and then take the stairs as usual. Magical Express will not allow anyone to ride the lift unless they are seated on/in a mobility device.

We will be bringing my 80 year old mom with us in a few weeks & she will be bringing her own scooter. I need to set up our Magical Express, but I'm wondering how that will work with getting the scooter on the bus from the airport. Not sure if I should mark "wheelchair lift required" since it's not actually a wheelchair. Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks!
I never knew you can bring a scooter on a plane?

Your Mom is lucky to be traveling at 80!! She is lucky to have a daughter that is looking out for her and including her in the fun. Enjoy!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter