Magical Express...What if my luggage lands BEFORE I do??

I guess we have way more yellow tags around here because they know exactly what they are, even at our little old regional airport.
As for matching, we have 3 last names in our 4 person family so there's not much matching going on anywhere
But yeah, the text is caps but nah, not big and bold, just regular sizes, but we have longer names so I suppose that makes the difference. It's smaller than the resort name.
Exactly. I have never had anyone care about the yellow tags. They certainly aren't looking at them and definitely don't care about a name. It wouldn't be any of their business what name is on a resort tag.

Last edited:
Having someone else’s tags on the bag? The employees at SeaTac, when I’ve done the luggage part of DME, have always peered intently at the tags. They want to take them off, thinking they are another airline’s. I have to stop them. But they are looking at them, and I could see them wondering about the other name.
Sorry, still doesn't make sense. If the airline employee thinks the tags shouldn't be on there, it's not going to make a difference what name is on the tag. Or do you think the employee would say "oh, yes, I understand it's a Disney tag, but since it's not your name on it, it's got to come off"?

What? Why would they go to the carousel?
Psst! For many years now, Magical Express automagical delivery to the resort stopped at 10 PM and all bags including yellow tagged ones are put on the carousels.

Since you don't know that your bag arrived on an earlier flight, possibly a flight arriving before 10 PM, you have to assume one way or the other, here, namely, more safely, that if you arrive after 10 then your bag did too.

Having someone else’s tags on the bag? The employees at SeaTac, when I’ve done the luggage part of DME, have always peered intently at the tags. They want to take them off, thinking they are another airline’s. I have to stop them. But they are looking at them, and I could see them wondering about the other name.
Oops, this begs another question. If you use someone else's tags to cause DME delivery of bags to their room, the question of lost bags becomes more complicated. Plus, if the name mismatch resulted in an airline employee tearing off the yellow tag, the chances of lost baggage claims increases. Your sister's family will have to initiate any baggage claim using your airline claim check and the name (yours?) on the sticker that every checked bag that goes anywhere should have on the outside. This in turn could cascade into an accusation that your sister was trying to overpopulate her room (with you). The possible final results might include neither the ailrine nor Disney taking responsibility for a lost bag.

Last edited:
Psst! For many years now, automagical delivery to the resort stopped at 10 PM and all bags including yellow tagged ones are put on the carousels.

Since you don't know that your bag arrived on an earlier flight, possibly a flight arriving before 10 PM, you have to assume one way or the other, here, namely, more safely, that if you arrive after 10 then your bag did too.
Again, what are you talking about?

The 10 pm thing isn't even relevant here.

Who didn't know their bag arrived on an earlier flight?

Psst! For many years now, automagical delivery to the resort stopped at 10 PM and all bags including yellow tagged ones are put on the carousels.

Why are you talking about 10PM landings?
Considering this is talking about someone arriving on flight that lands at 6 AM I don't think a 10PM landing is really going to be a what will occur. You are talking about a less than 0% contingency plan.
Or are you suggesting everyone plan for this? Which is also really a less than 0% chance of that happening unless you have a flight that is near 10 or you know you land after 10. Then yeah, go by there. That's what I did.

A. The OP keeps her bags and uses her own yellow tags. Since she arrives after 10 PM, Magical Express baggage claims do not apply because DME interception of bags has stopped. Therefore for everyone who arrives after 10 PM and goes to the carousel per the DME instructions, if they don't find their bag, then they should file a baggage claim with the airline. Whether the bag somehow arrived early, before 10, and was intercepted by DME is unknown and therefore irrelevant .

B. The OP uses her sister's yellow tag and the bag gets lost; time of day does not matter for resolving the matter.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter