Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you drive you have to now pay to park at the resort - so with no ME more people renting cars, more parking fees

I will say that the 30ms every morning at every park is pretty nice in my mid - it's not the same but I can see it being better for some people/worse for others (though big thing is obviously no evening EMHs)

This is all just a money grab, you are right on the calculation, more people driving, more parking fees, remove cost of DME, great for disney, bad for its guests - seems to be the way they are running things there lately.

The 30mins thing, I think in effect will end up not being much of a perk - as you noted it comes at the cost of others, and its just going to essentially move opening up 30 mins, which isn't much time to begin with, but will also be universally true, which means all onsite guests will just build that into their plans. Also - I'm sure they can start cutting back on "EE" in a year or two, only offering it certain days at certain parks. Total though, its a reduction in park hours for onsite guests, and that's just bad.

This is all just a money grab, you are right on the calculation, more people driving, more parking fees, remove cost of DME, great for disney, bad for its guests - seems to be the way they are running things there lately.

The 30mins thing, I think in effect will end up not being much of a perk - as you noted it comes at the cost of others, and its just going to essentially move opening up 30 mins, which isn't much time to begin with, but will also be universally true, which means all onsite guests will just build that into their plans. Also - I'm sure they can start cutting back on "EE" in a year or two, only offering it certain days at certain parks. Total though, its a reduction in park hours for onsite guests, and that's just bad.

well, assuming it stays at all 4 parks, that should help to split the crowds up and in 30 mins you should still be able to get in 1 headliner at maybe a 2nd or at least be in a short line for the 2nd

Not the same as having that full hour to sort of take it easy and still get things done, but feels like the equivalent of an extra FP or 2

So at least there is *some* benefit to the new EE structure ... some will find it better, some will find it worse, but at least there is "something" there

Vs. just flat out taking away Magical Express (pending any replacement of course)

I just left feedback here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

Not sure it will go to anyone that matters but I feel better for having said something. Hopefully someone gets it though and hopefully enough people say something so they are aware how much of a loss this is for guests. Judging by the volume of responses here, it sounds like most people are in agreement that this stinks.

I also left feedback at that link. First time I ever felt the need to complain like that to Disney, but I have to say I am almost livid, this on top of all the other little things that I have been trying to ignore (one of the biggest for me is the not being able to buy the annual passes right now, but there are so many others and this was the nail in the coffin!)

I also left feedback at that link. First time I ever felt the need to complain like that to Disney, but I have to say I am almost livid, this on top of all the other little things that I have been trying to ignore (one of the biggest for me is the not being able to buy the annual passes right now, but there are so many others and this was the nail in the coffin!)

yeah I’m feeling that same level of mad - this was it. The trigger.

also - 30 minutes extra at every park means nothing to me. By the time I get into HS and walk to Galaxy’s Edge I’ll have about 5 minutes.

Right there with you. I've rolled with a lot of things, trying to be understanding but for some reason this was the last straw.

FYI - comment from Mears:

"...we intend to continue offering transportation services between the airport and all area theme parks and hotels to meet the demand of our visitors now and in the future."

You know, maybe this is all about a contract renegotiation betwene Disney and Mears - perhaps it can still be resolved. The reaction on Disney Parks Blog is not pretty!

I have at also chime in that I am VERY disappointed to hear this news. Thanks for the link..I left my feedback to them as well!
When we were due to arrive last year it would have been our 1st opportunity to use the "Airline Check In" at the resort when departing. When our trip got moved to this year I admit I was sad to realize that is no longer an option either. Then I grumbled a bit about getting our own luggage b/c no place else ever does that! So to me and my family it was "Magical" to wave goodbye to our luggage at our home airport and viola! see it in our resort room. But now to know that the Magical Express altogether will go away in 2022 is a bit sad. I can't even voice my disappoint to DH since he thinks WDW is way too expensive as it goes "Just for Vacay" as he puts it. We only get to go approx every 4 years, so I think I will keep this new change under wraps and hopefully by the time we DO get to go (after this summer) the train will be there and it will be a new "Magical Experience!"

I just cancelled my $4500 September reservation. We have honesty already been reconsidering Disney since the pandemic and if it’s what we really want to do anymore.

I have hummed and hawed so so many times about the nickel and diming and just ended up sucking it up because we love the Disney experience.

But we actually had been looking at what we can get on a tropical vacation for the same money and its outstanding. So we booked one for September!
I know it wouldn’t have affected my September trip but these announcements are just so annoying that I just cancelled it on a whim and booked us in Playa Del Carmen in a 5 star for two weeks!

First time in 8 years we are doing something other than Disney!

idk when we’ll be back but I’m sure someday. But I think we’re gonna take a 5 or so year break and explore more of the world.

I am curious - why did they announce it so far in advance? I mean, normally, 2022 bookings wouldn't open up until June. Will they be opening them sooner this year, to try and bring in some extra money?
They usually have bookings for the next year available already by this time. It’s usually 400-500 days in advance that you can book. Things have gotten a lot tighter since COVID and the 2022 bookings are now still not available.

They had to announce it this far in advance as it’s a contracted offering and they can’t just stop offering it post-facto. It has to be done in advance so people booking know they won’t be getting it and 1/1/22 is the easiest way to do that since you still can’t book for that day yet.

I’ll miss the yellow tags. Their arrival before a vacation and just seeing them makes me so happy. Good thing I’ve saved old ones 🤣, they’re antiques now.

I saved the ones I got for my March 2020 trip. Couldn't bring myself to throw them away.

I just cancelled my $4500 September reservation. We have honesty already been reconsidering Disney since the pandemic and if it’s what we really want to do anymore.

I have hummed and hawed so so many times about the nickel and diming and just ended up sucking it up because we love the Disney experience.

But we actually had been looking at what we can get on a tropical vacation for the same money and its outstanding. So we booked one for September!
I know it wouldn’t have affected my September trip but these announcements are just so annoying that I just cancelled it on a whim and booked us in Playa Del Carmen in a 5 star for two weeks!

First time in 8 years we are doing something other than Disney!

idk when we’ll be back but I’m sure someday. But I think we’re gonna take a 5 or so year break and explore more of the world.
Please consider reaching out to Disney to let them know exactly what you just posted here.

Thanks to Covid and social distancing, people have been driving more. The car is safer than a plane or bus. Disney must predict this will continue, so it financially does not make sense to continue.

Then again... remember those new resort parking fees that started in 2018? Maybe this is Step Two in a Grand Plot to get people to drive instead of use on-site busses (and make and save a ton of cash). Plus, there's the new walking path from Grand Floridian. Before the path, there was no way to get to MK from you car without using mass transit. Is the new bridge wide enough for a tram? Can totally see the ferries and boats across Seven Seas stopping in the future.

Thanks to Covid and social distancing, people have been driving more. The car is safer than a plane or bus. Disney must predict this will continue, so it financially does not make sense to continue.

Then again... remember those new resort parking fees that started in 2018? Maybe this is Step Two in a Grand Plot to get people to drive instead of use on-site busses (and make and save a ton of cash). Plus, there's the new walking path from Grand Floridian. Before the path, there was no way to get to MK from you car without using mass transit. Is the new bridge wide enough for a tram? Can totally see the ferries and boats across Seven Seas stopping in the future.
No, they’re not going to have a tram drive from TTC through the GF walkway. It’s not wide enough for that.

They are currently training us to Not want the Trams in the parking lots...
we like walking in the Florida melted tar

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter