• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express to different resort

Mobbane

Earning My Ears
I'll be traveling to WDW next month but I'm staying a different resort than my friends. We arrive fairly early (9:30am) so no rooms will be ready. Will Disney let me ride the Magical Express with my friends to their resort (Poly)? Anyone have any experience with this?

Probably not. It's certainly worth asking when you get to DME, but typically, you need to take the bus to your own resort.

Going there isn't as strict as going back to the airport so there's a chance that if you explain at DME they will let you.
But don't just assume your room also won't be ready at your resort. Disney knows what time to expect you and they will try to have a room ready even if you arrive early in the morning.

It's worth asking because your resort may be assigned to the same bus anyway. If it isn't and you ask, the worst they can say is "no". So have a plan B and hope for the best.

IF the bus is the same as yours, I've noticed that they never keep track of who's going where. The CM scans your MB at the DME check-in, but once you're on the bus, you can get off anywhere they stop it seems.

Follow up question:. If I don't take the magical express but tag my bags, will they still pick up and transfer my bag to my rooom?

Also, friends staying at Poly, me the cheapo, staying at All-Star Sports.

Follow up question:. If I don't take the magical express but tag my bags, will they still pick up and transfer my bag to my rooom?

Also, friends staying at Poly, me the cheapo, staying at All-Star Sports.

no - ubhave to ride ME for you to get your bags - another reason u have to scan the paperwork they mail u

I had a similar question, wanted to tag my bags and have ME take to resort, but grab an UBER to avoid the line and longer bus ride. Might just UBER it all the way if they would figure out I was not on th bus and therefore not deliver my bags.

I had a similar question, wanted to tag my bags and have ME take to resort, but grab an UBER to avoid the line and longer bus ride. Might just UBER it all the way if they would figure out I was not on th bus and therefore not deliver my bags.

Sorry I just saw the whole thread on this topic....

no - ubhave to ride ME for you to get your bags - another reason u have to scan the paperwork they mail u
They don't scan any paperwork and they take the bags on the the resort right off the plane. No one checks to see if the owner of the bag used ME or not. Heck, if you don't go straight to ME (which no one is required to do) they can even have the bags loaded and on the way to the Disney well before you even go to get on ME

They don't scan any paperwork and they take the bags on the the resort right off the plane. No one checks to see if the owner of the bag used ME or not. Heck, if you don't go straight to ME (which no one is required to do) they can even have the bags loaded and on the way to the Disney well before you even go to get on ME

Yes they do - every time they have asked for the paperwork from ME to get in line for the buses

Yes they do - every time they have asked for the paperwork from ME to get in line for the buses

That's just to make sure you have a resort reservation and have booked ME, and they ask what hotel you're going to so they can direct you to the right line. you book ME ahead of time because they need to know from a logistics standpoint how many arrivals/departures are happening per day so they know how many buses and drivers will be needed. But once you get scanned in by the CM before the lines, you could literally go stand in any one of the bus lines and go to any resort.

The luggage would go directly from the plane to the cargo truck that picks them up and brings them to the resort, it never touches the ME bus. So yes you could tag your luggage with the ME tag and it will be delivered to the resort you are staying in.

That's just to make sure you have a resort reservation and have booked ME, and they ask what hotel you're going to so they can direct you to the right line. you book ME ahead of time because they need to know from a logistics standpoint how many arrivals/departures are happening per day so they know how many buses and drivers will be needed. But once you get scanned in by the CM before the lines, you could literally go stand in any one of the bus lines and go to any resort.

The luggage would go directly from the plane to the cargo truck that picks them up and brings them to the resort, it never touches the ME bus. So yes you could tag your luggage with the ME tag and it will be delivered to the resort you are staying in.
No, they scan the MB again as you board. So you can't get in just any line.

No, they scan the MB again as you board. So you can't get in just any line.

Hmmm..I don't recall us being scanned in again at the bus when we were there in late 2017, but we were on a Disney high so it's possible I completely missed it!

Hmmm..I don't recall us being scanned in again at the bus when we were there in late 2017, but we were on a Disney high so it's possible I completely missed it!
Yeah, you did. Or, they didn't scan your band, just another member of your group.
At check-in, every person has to scan, even the kiddo (ous has been 7-10, depending on the year)
But as you board the bus, only 1 is scanned. Kiddo typically offers her band up for this. The rest of us show up when they scan (like using EMH) so only one scan is needed.

It's usually not at the bus, but at the front of the line inside before they direct you to the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter