Magical Express Still Running

kaismahma

Mouseketeer
I know it may sound like a silly question but I was not sure if this service is still being offered. Trying to decide if I want to book a quick trip before the kid goes back to school. I really do not want to have to rent a car. Thanks!

You'll want to remember the flip side of this too... this means on departure day - you'll need to handle all of your own luggage, and you'll need to check in with your airline carrier at the Airport to check your bags. So allow time for that too.
Might be worth doing a "carry-on-only" trip if you can - That's my goal for our October trip :genie:

The airlines are not running their check-in desks at the resorts?
The resort airline check-in and bag drop counters have been closed, since the Disney resorts reopened this summer. No date has been announced for when they will start up again. The front desk is always glad to print off boarding passes, though.

So I guess Magical Express does not send any baggage tags? Not much use for them.

The resort airline check-in and bag drop counters have been closed, since the Disney resorts reopened this summer. No date has been announced for when they will start up again. The front desk is always glad to print off boarding passes, though.
I can certify this is still correct - we were there from Sat to Wed and we saw them painting and sprucing up the Resort Airline Check In desk, but our bus departure letter stated it was still closed. You will have to bring all your luggage to the return bus and take it with you, to check in yourself at airport. One interesting note; the name of the company that did the yellow tag service was Bags Inc. When we got to the airport with 5 bags to be checked, someone in a Bags Inc vest put our luggage on a cart and took it up to Delta check in, we did not have to carry it! I thought it very kind of him and ironic at the same time that Bags Inc was still handling our luggage. :flower1:

Did they stop mailing the paperwork? We leave in a couple weeks and haven’t gotten the letter. I know they have my reservation and know what to do in the airport - only reason I care is once the magic bands didn’t work and the lady kept insisting we didn’t have a reservation. I had to dig and find the letter. Only reason she let us through. She was trying to make us leave until I pulled that letter out. Makes me nervous. I do have the emails I guess which might work. Odds are that won’t happen again but I don’t trust much anymore

Did they stop mailing the paperwork? We leave in a couple weeks and haven’t gotten the letter. I know they have my reservation and know what to do in the airport - only reason I care is once the magic bands didn’t work and the lady kept insisting we didn’t have a reservation. I had to dig and find the letter. Only reason she let us through. She was trying to make us leave until I pulled that letter out. Makes me nervous. I do have the emails I guess which might work. Odds are that won’t happen again but I don’t trust much anymore
Yes, you will still receive a letter. We did for our trip a few weeks ago.

Question... So I booked a solo trip by rentng DVC points. I arranged the magical express as planned. Tonight my husband's schedule changed and he is wanting to join me. It's too late for me to add him to the reservation to my understanding due to renting points through a broker however, would I be able to get him on the bus without him being on my official reservation?

Well now I'm worried, we leave on Friday and haven't received any letter. Just figured they weren't sending them since no tags.

Well now I'm worried, we leave on Friday and haven't received any letter. Just figured they weren't sending them since no tags.

No reason to be worried. You don't need the letter. If you have your Magic Band, they'll just scan that. If you don't have it with you at the time, just give them your name or show them your resort reservation in MDE. That's all they need.

The letter is truly a relic from the past.

Steve

Thanks, DH does have emails requesting ME as well. I know in the past we haven't needed to pull out the paperwork, just used the MagicBands. Just hope we get a nice cast member that doesn't hassle us

If magic express shows on your MDE then you should be fine. If they question you show them the MDE. Last time we went we only used our bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter