Magical Express Question

LVSWL

Dis Veteran
Finally I have convinced my DH that we should fly to WDW, instead of the 9+ hours we usually drive. Just trying to wrap my head around how ME works. As I understand it, we check our bags at our home airport and don't see them again until we get to our room. YAY! My question is about our carry on. DH and I will have our computers in our carry on. When we get to our resort to check in, what are our options for our carry ons if we want to head on to the park? Do we check them with the front desk? Do they put them with our other luggage? Just curious. Thanks so much!!

We leave our carry on bags with the hotel's Bell Service if our room isn't ready when we arrive. Once your room is ready you can get them yourself or call to have them brought up to the room. They are not delivered with the bags checked with DME.

Thanks! That's what we were hoping! On our last day after we check out can we leave our carryon bags with Bell Service to pick up before we catch the bus back to the airport?

Thanks! That's what we were hoping! On our last day after we check out can we leave our carryon bags with Bell Service to pick up before we catch the bus back to the airport?
Yes just make sure to give enough time to collect them before your bus is scheduled

And just FYI, your checked baggage will still be delivered to your room even if you decide not to take Magical Express, so long as you put the ME tags on them. We usually take ME but we have taken Uber a couple times when we were in a particular rush for a FP or ADR. We have left laptops/bags multiple times with Bell Services before heading into the parks and we have never had any problems with loss or damage.

For Deluxes and Moderates,you can leave them with Bell Services.

For the Values you can leave them with Luggage Assistance(the Values name for Bell Services).

Be sure to tell them there are computers in your bags-they will then know to lock them up in their secure "cage" area.

Also,and this is just me,but I tip the CM who takes my bags and also the CM who retrieves them for me. :)

We left our carryon at Pop luggage assistance and expected to have to go get it when our room was ready but they said they would just deliver it with our luggage that was sent through magical express. I was skeptical but they did driver it to the room along with our checked luggage.

And just FYI, your checked baggage will still be delivered to your room even if you decide not to take Magical Express, so long as you put the ME tags on them. We usually take ME but we have taken Uber a couple times when we were in a particular rush for a FP or ADR. We have left laptops/bags multiple times with Bell Services before heading into the parks and we have never had any problems with loss or damage.

Oh, that's super good to know! My mom and I were planning on taking an Uber in (the ME line last time was so long!) and she'd rather not have to wait for baggage claim. (It took so much twisting for me to get her to agree to even have a checked bag.)

Oh, that's super good to know! My mom and I were planning on taking an Uber in (the ME line last time was so long!) and she'd rather not have to wait for baggage claim. (It took so much twisting for me to get her to agree to even have a checked bag.)
We have changed our minds after seeing long lines before as well. You also don't know the order of drop-off - we almost always stay at BC/YC and sometimes we go straight there, but sometimes we stop at POP and other resorts first, adding a good hour to our travel time. I wish they would announce in advance what stops they're making so that you can decide whether to proceed or grab an Uber. We only take ME now if we have many hours before our first FP/ADR starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter