Magical Express Question

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
I just booked a trip last week for next week (arrive 11/18). I filled out the Magical Express stuff online but I haven't received anything beyond the email confirmation that they received it. Do I need to do anything else? I'm wondering if I need to call because we leave in 7 days but I've not gotten anything in the mail. I don't want to show up to the airport and not have a ride or something.

nope, i’m pretty sure you’re set. if you have a magic band from a previous trip, you should be able to just scan it and your trip info will be available to the cast member at the podium.

we’re canadian, and although we get the ME confirmation letter and yellow luggage tags, we never get magic bands shipped to us. we’ve never run into problems. one time, we changed resorts at the last minute (within a week of arrival) and there was no way new yellow luggage tags would make it to our home. the person we spoke to on the phone advised us to just cross out the hotel on the tags we already had and write the new hotel. i think the bar code must show the most recent info too? anyways, our bags made it to us as quickly as they ever do.

all of this is to say i think the paperwork is mostly to comfort us. disney has everything organized electronically, and you shouldn’t run into problems.

I haven't received anything beyond the email confirmation that they received it.

From what I recall there should be two emails. One autoresponse to say they got the email, and one response saying it’s set up. I’d call DME directly at this point.

I don't want to show up to the airport and not have a ride or something.

No that won't happen. Even if you forgot to book your DME completely, Disney will still get you to your resort, providing that you have a valid hotel reservation.

Enjoy your trip! DW and I still think our last minute trip (as in book it on Friday and fly out on Saturday) was the best one we ever took, and that includes 11trips.

Usually, but not always, people receive a confirmation letter in the mail. Enclosed are the yellow tags with your resort info. These aren't necessary. There are times we haven't received them. If you aren't claiming your own bags, you'll want to save your checked luggage receipts. Explain to the first CM you encounter for the ME that you didn't receive the yellow tags for your luggage. They will ask for a description of your luggage as well as the receipts. We've never had any problem with getting our luggage in the same timeframe as usual. The letter says that you have to present it to get on the ME, but I think the only time I was asked for that, I actually had put it in my checked luggage and it wasn't a problem. If they ask, I'd just explain I'd not received it in the mail. If you want to be certain, call ME and double check they have your information.

You can check to see if you signed up. Go on to start online check in. In the place where you'd enter a resort arrival time it will show arrival by magical Express rather than give you a place to select an arrival time

You can check to see if you signed up. Go on to start online check in. In the place where you'd enter a resort arrival time it will show arrival by magical Express rather than give you a place to select an arrival time
I did look at that and it doesn't have magical express there, which had me worried. I called and they do have my info, but they said as long as I have my magic band we'll be fine .

Thanks for the input everyone!

I did look at that and it doesn't have magical express there, which had me worried. I called and they do have my info, but they said as long as I have my magic band we'll be fine .

Thanks for the input everyone!
You should be perfectly fine. They have the information and the information once scanned on your Magic Band will pop on there little hand held device. Enjoy your Magical Vacation.

Little bit OT: You want to hold your luggage receipts until you actually have your luggage.
Yes, that was what I meant. Or what I meant but didn’t say was, once you’ve claimed your bags, you can throw away your receipt. I see so many people at the Southwest self-tag kiosks who throw their receipts right into the trash. Apparently they are not frequent travelers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter