Magical express or Lyft

Jre1206

Mouseketeer
I'm leaving for Disney in 12 days!!!! Ive read that magical express has been a nightmare lately and I'm wondering if I should just grab a lyft to OKW from the airport instead. Does anyone know about how much it costs to lyft or uber instead?

I'm leaving for Disney in 12 days!!!! Ive read that magical express has been a nightmare lately and I'm wondering if I should just grab a lyft to OKW from the airport instead. Does anyone know about how much it costs to lyft or uber instead?

It depends on time of day, I've paid between $40-60 for Lyft. We've used it our last couple of trips, and now with Magical Express not even getting your luggage, I will definitely be using Lyft (Lyft is cheaper than Uber typically too)

😊 thanks! I think thats what we're gonna do at least the way there. On the way back i dont mind waiting.

This was last year & a slightly different destination but we paid around $30 (plus tip) for an Uber from the airport to the CR.

I haven't heard where its any different.
You have much less people taking it as there are much less people going right now.
Yes the luggage is a bummer but I'd just do carry on only and head straight to DME as usual as I'm not looking to spend extra money.
If you took DME before and didn't mind it then I'd suggest to still take it.

We took Magical Express this past Thursday. We landed at 2:30 and only had carryons. We were starving so we grabbed a late lunch in the airport food court and headed to the pickup area. When she scanned our Magic Bands she said it could take an hour. There were two buses outside waiting so we weren’t sure if she meant it could take an hour to get to our destination (CBR) or if she meant it could take an hour for one to arrive for us to board. We have taken it before and sometimes have had to wait for a bus. We ended up being able to board one of the waiting buses. It dropped off at Pop Century first then went to CBR. I guess it’s just luck on the timing.
Have a magical visit!!

If you're not in a hurry, my choice would be ME. Time to wind down from the plane ride and before all the hustle and bustle.

Depending on the number people traveling and/or the amount of luggage you have, you may need to opt for one of the larger vehicles or more than one vehicle, which could greatly increase the cost.

It depends on time of day, I've paid between $40-60 for Lyft. We've used it our last couple of trips, and now with Magical Express not even getting your luggage, I will definitely be using Lyft (Lyft is cheaper than Uber typically too)

I am an international visitor (UK) and ME has never got our luggage - we always have to get it ourselves and take it on the coach, it is really not an issue. On the contrary I like getting it myself rather than having to wait a few hours for it to be delivered.

Thinking of using car service instead of ME with a stop at Publix on way to resort. Using SWA so a longer distance to ME then having to get ourselves and luggage back to check in for flight home...

We arrive in the evening and are staying at the Hyatt inside the terminal (using reward points versus paying top $ for Disney resort and not getting there until 10pm). We will take ME first thing the following morning and already have our luggage.

What time does your flight get into MCO?

We went Aug 3-8 (arrived 9:15am), and surprisingly, ME was even faster than normal. It really could be luck of the draw, they did tell us when we reached the first check in stop the wait could be an hour. It wasn't, not even close. We waited in the line (first in our row) for the cast member to come over, scan our band, and tell us where to sit on the bus. (all of 3 minutes) Boarded the bus and waited for 1 family to get on. We were at BWV by 10:30am.

You could always try ME, and if you are waiting too long get out and catch an Uber? I saved our Uber rides for when we had dining reservations and couldn't rely on Disney buses or Skyliner (afternoon thunderstorms shut it down every day of our visit.

I am an international visitor (UK) and ME has never got our luggage - we always have to get it ourselves and take it on the coach, it is really not an issue. On the contrary I like getting it myself rather than having to wait a few hours for it to be delivered.

We are domestic travelers and never used it luggage service either! It is not an issue at all. Very easy.

And you nailed it! I don't want to wait for my luggage either. If our room isn't ready, just keep it at the bell stand. Easy!

What time does your flight get into MCO?

We went Aug 3-8 (arrived 9:15am), and surprisingly, ME was even faster than normal. It really could be luck of the draw, they did tell us when we reached the first check in stop the wait could be an hour. It wasn't, not even close. We waited in the line (first in our row) for the cast member to come over, scan our band, and tell us where to sit on the bus. (all of 3 minutes) Boarded the bus and waited for 1 family to get on. We were at BWV by 10:30am.

You could always try ME, and if you are waiting too long get out and catch an Uber? I saved our Uber rides for when we had dining reservations and couldn't rely on Disney buses or Skyliner (afternoon thunderstorms shut it down every day of our visit.

Our flight lands at 11:05 am and we're staying at yacht club. I changed it from okw after I realized that okw is massive with internal busses and really didn't like that there's no indoor qs dining options. Does the yacht club ME stop at other resorts?

Our flight lands at 11:05 am and we're staying at yacht club. I changed it from okw after I realized that okw is massive with internal busses and really didn't like that there's no indoor qs dining options. Does the yacht club ME stop at other resorts?

Yes, it typically does. I have stayed at YC several times and it can be on the same resort stops as Caribbean Beach, BW, and BC.

On our most recent trip we had people staying everywhere. BWV was the second stop, Caribbean Beach was first. But we had passengers going to MK Resorts which I know isn't typical. Right now my guess is that it is unpredictable with where the stops are.

Yes, it typically does. I have stayed at YC several times and it can be on the same resort stops as Caribbean Beach, BW, and BC.

On our most recent trip we had people staying everywhere. BWV was the second stop, Caribbean Beach was first. But we had passengers going to MK Resorts which I know isn't typical. Right now my guess is that it is unpredictable with where the stops are.

The big reason i don't want to wait is that is one of our "resort" days and the kids can't wait for storm along bay. I may just bite the bullet and drop the 30 or 40 bucks

The big reason i don't want to wait is that is one of our "resort" days and the kids can't wait for storm along bay. I may just bite the bullet and drop the 30 or 40 bucks

Understand completely. Splurge and get the Uber/Lyft. Start out your trip on a good note. No sense getting irritated on the ME bus, not the magical way to start your vacation. :)

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter