Magical Express - Late Arrival

If your flight arrives after 10:00pm, you have to pickup your luggage in baggage claim, it's not an option to have it delivered. You then take it to the bus.

So if we arrive at 9:27pm we DON'T have to get our bags correct?

So if we arrive at 9:27pm we DON'T have to get our bags correct?

No, but it can take up to 3 (or is it 4?) hours for your bags to get to your room. So if you're OK without your stuff until after midnight, and also OK with someone coming to deliver your luggage to your room late at night, go for it.

I think if I had a flight landing after 7, I'd collect my own luggage. I'm always tired after traveling and wouldn't want to be waiting up for it. YMMV.

No, but it can take up to 3 (or is it 4?) hours for your bags to get to your room. So if you're OK without your stuff until after midnight, and also OK with someone coming to deliver your luggage to your room late at night, go for it.

I think if I had a flight landing after 7, I'd collect my own luggage. I'm always tired after traveling and wouldn't want to be waiting up for it. YMMV.

My recent (Dec 19) experience with DME, luggage, and late arrival. I found out DME WILL NOT deliver luggage to your room after midnight UNLESS you phone the luggage desk at your resort and tell them it's okay.

Our plane arrived late, and I arrived at the DME counter at MCO right at 10:00pm. I asked them if they would get my luggage or if I should go get it, and they said they would. We arrive at POP resort with a carry-on packed with enough supplies to get us through one night and day, but I really wanted my other things.

Anyway, by 1:00am I was wondering what was taking so long. It was late night and DME at MCO had been DEAD when we were there. I hit the LUGGAGE button on my resort phone and they said they would not deliver any luggage after midnight unless the customer requested it...and that a cage of luggage had JUST arrived and they would look for my one suitcase.

Around 2am I got a call that they had my suitcase and would be delivering it, if I still wanted them to. If I had to do it all over I would just grab it off the luggage carossel and lug it myself.

Point of story...if it's after midnight and you don't have your luggage, give the luggage desk a call...it may be there but they aren't allowed to deliver it without your okay.

My recent (Dec 19) experience with DME, luggage, and late arrival. I found out DME WILL NOT deliver luggage to your room after midnight UNLESS you phone the luggage desk at your resort and tell them it's okay.

I see in your signature that you stayed at the Pop. Value resorts stop delivering luggage at midnight. All other resorts will deliver 24/7. There is a difference between the luggage service at the value resorts and the luggage service at the other resorts. I guess you can say you get a little less service to go along with your smaller price at the values.

And if you don't want your luggage delivered after a certain time, just tell the front desk you want it held. And put the Privacy Please card in your door. They will hold your luggage until you call down for it.

If we want to have them pull the luggage and deliver it the next day, will they? We arrive at 11:50 pm, and we can certainly keep everything we need for 1 day in our carry ons. I would rather have them pull it and deliver it to the room while we are out enjoying the park the next day. Also, since I had to give them flight times when I arranged for ME, wouldn't they have not sent tags if they won't use them at my arrival time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter