Magical Express Ending Service

This could turn off single parent travelers with small children. Having ME at the airport meant you could avoid an uber/taxi with a random stranger driving you alone in car that you can only hope has safe brakes, suspension etc. It meant you could avoid driving in an unfamiliar area. It meant you could keep an eye on your children in the airport without having to drag luggage along. Even though I am long past this stage, its upsetting none the less and I am highly disappointed with Disney.
This exactly! I take a short trip twice a year just DD7 and I. There will be a lot more stress trying to get to the hotel now. I dont think I will go with just her until she is older now.

another perk bites the dust. Disney is making a huge mistake with this. I am lucky, I'm in NC and can drive to Disney in 9 hours. But, like a previous poster, for shorter trips I like to fly down and ME was a big draw for me to stay onsite. Losing my desire to stay on-site more and more ... I stayed at Best Western Disney Springs last year and I was fine with it. Staying at the Swan on 1/25. Disney is going to be making less $$ off me ....

Even if its transitioning to Brightline (possibly), a problem with the Brightline service to Disney Springs, is what will you do about luggage to your hotel at that point...

Disney is going to regret this once there are thousands flooding into DS each day with luggage. The buses will be crippled, and a crowd of frustrated people with crying kids, a mountain of suitcases all in the 95 degree heat.... this is going to end up a PR nightmare.

Things that have disappeared (or are announced to leave) that were standard onsite perks:

Magic Bands
Luggage Tags Mailed to you (picking them up at the resort doesn't make any sense!)
60 Day Fastpasses
Extra Magic Hours (30 mins is not the same at all)
180+10 ADR Booking Window
Resort Airline Check In
Magical Express
Resort Item Pickup

WDW resorts charge a premium and I have always felt the perks made them well worth it but even amazing theme-ing and location- the value is no longer there. Disney really, really hasn't thought this through.
This is ridiculous, I know these are hard times but removing onsite perks isn't the way. I see 2011 recession deals coming in 2023.

Is there anything that we can do to protest this? This one is really pissing me off. My standard email to guest services isn't enough. What's the best way to make our voices heard on this one?

I suppose the best way is with our wallets, but that would be after it's done. Maybe we can write the board?

For those of us who are old, pre-ME, we would use a car service (no lyft or uber), stop at a grocery and then get dropped at our resort. We are flying in next month and have decided to rent a car, due to Covid and having more flexibility with the parks closing early each night. I would often use lyft or uber for the return trip to the airport, so I didn't have to leave so gosh darn early for my flight. We have TSA-pre check , so we don't usually encounter lines going through security.

From now on, my family will only stay at Shades of Green. ME was one of the few perks that pushed us towards booking officially “on-site” with their military room offers since SOG doesn’t provide that service. We liked the Disney magic that it gave us right off the plane. The dining plan was a factor as well; but not anymore. We will now spend about half the money for the same room size and perks. I imagine that many people will explore off-site options.

If cuts are going to be made, that is one thing. For example, magic bands can easily be replaced by cell phones that most people have with them at all times, but Magical Express serves a specific purpose to further enhance the Disney "World" experience. If we just wanted it to be Disney Theme Park then change the name. This was supposed to be a way to check out from the normal world. Just the stress of car seats alone will cause me to drive and spend money at other locations and theme parks.

This is so sad. My kids really loved the moment when we got off the plane, put on our magic bands and went to the ME buses, watched the videos onboard, and always celebrating when we passed under the arch. Gotta say, Disney really isn't making a case for staying onsite anymore, or not just hopping over to the competition which didn't offer transportation to the airport either but is much more affordable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter