Magical Express Ending Service

you're losing Magical Express AND EMH

Yeah, Magical Express is a bummer but the fact they slipped in confirmation that EMH is going away forever is pretty depressing.

The way the wording is, it's not a great reason to suspend something that would reduce the crowds within the park due to limiting it only to on-site guests

...as we continue to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return.

Magical Express was one thing that kept me 100% in the Disney bubble. We flew in (and precovid) skipped the hassle of baggage claim, rode DME, check in at resort, dropped carryon bags at luggage services and hit the parks, or a meal, or shops. If I must have a car or use a car service from the airport I will skip the flight and I will drive down from NC. I will debate staying onsite and I will like venture off site to eat and hit other attractions. I might even start doing shorter Disney trips and staying at Universal (including a universal resort because of express pass).

This is a dumb move. DME kept our entire family on property, spending money at Disney, eating all our meals at Disney- someone is being VERY shortsighted.

Yeah, Magical Express is a bummer but the fact they slipped in confirmation that EMH is going away forever is pretty depressing.

The way the wording is, it's not a great reason to suspend something that would reduce the crowds within the park due to limiting it only to on-site guests

It's all about cost cutting. You cant polish a turd as they say. Although 30 minutes everyday for every park isn't too bad a trade off. Im still hoping for the eventually regular of EMM.

Magical Express was one thing that kept me 100% in the Disney bubble. We flew in (and precovid) skipped the hassle of baggage claim, rode DME, check in at resort, dropped carryon bags at luggage services and hit the parks, or a meal, or shops. If I must have a car or use a car service from the airport I will skip the flight and I will drive down from NC. I will debate staying onsite and I will like venture off site to eat and hit other attractions. I might even start doing shorter Disney trips and staying at Universal (including a universal resort because of express pass).

This is a dumb move. DME kept our entire family on property, spending money at Disney, eating all our meals at Disney- someone is being VERY shortsighted.

Man... that was a HUGE deal for us and actually sealed flying as well (although I hate driving anymore). Stepping off the plane, into the bus and not even having to deal with luggage was AMAZING.

What's the deal with the "Brightline connection", I don't even get what that is?

If this is any indication, they're moving toward the Disneyland way of doing things. Wouldn't surprise me if we see their version of same-day FastPass and MaxPass announced next.

For sure this is next. They’ve been dying to start charging for FP and this will give them the cover to do it.

As a DVC member F this and F Bob Chapek, it’s such an move and seemingly directly from his playbook of putting profits over guests and every single corner.

Corporate penny pinchers salivate at opportunities like the great recession and COVID 19. They can tighten the straps all they want and point the finger elsewhere. You can be sure more cuts will come.

Last edited:
Dedicated train from MCO to WDW.

But only to Disney Springs so I guess you'll have to transfer to a bus for your resort there? Obviously cant judge it yet but that sounds pretty non-magical.

Well, it's "something" I guess. Saves having to call an uber... but that baggage situation... I do not want to drag a half dozen suitcases into a bus at DS. I am going to assume the shuttle buses lack any storage.

I'm interested to see how this 30 minutes before park opening every day for resort guests will pan out.

Traditionally, most non-EMH parks 'unofficially' open their gates to all guests 45 minutes - hour before the "official" opening. Will this trend disappear? If I'm an offsite guest and show up to Epcot at 8:15 for a 9:00 opening, will they make me wait for entrance until 9:00 on the button? Seems like it would be a logistical nightmare at the gates separating out different types of guests every morning if there is only 30 minutes difference between entry times...

If this is any indication, they're moving toward the Disneyland way of doing things. Wouldn't surprise me if we see their version of same-day FastPass and MaxPass announced next.

I thought the same thing but a big part of visiting Disneyland is I don't feel I MUST stay at a Disneyland Hotel at all. A 30 minute early entry is a nice perk but not enough. A big part of staying at WDW was all the perks- Magical Express, 180+10 ADR, Extra Magic Hours, Airline Check In, Resort item pick up, and the biggest one- 60 day fast passes... If WDW follows to Maxpass (even with the extra cost to use the app) they are likely going to really start seeing a drop off in onsite guests.

I said this upthread but I will say it again- Very shortsighted thinking happening. When they drop things like Resort item pick up I am less likely to impulse buy while in the park knowing I have to carry the purchase all day. I will skip on anything breakable or large completely.

If I can't check in for the airline at the resort I am less likely to hang around on property and have a TS meal before my flight because I will be thinking about car services to the airport...

However since the resorts charge for parking now this seems like a way to force more people into renting cars and paying that extra amount...

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how this 30 minutes before park opening every day for resort guests will pan out.

Traditionally, most non-EMH parks 'unofficially' open their gates to all guests 45 minutes - hour before the "official" opening. Will this trend disappear? If I'm an offsite guest and show up to Epcot at 8:15 for a 9:00 opening, will they make me wait for entrance until 9:00 on the button? Seems like it would be a logistical nightmare at the gates separating out different types of guests every morning if there is only 30 minutes difference between entry times...

The hour offered at Disneyland works because guests have the power to roll out of bed and walk to the park. If they wanna cut EMH and offer a half hour to guests, they better get their bus system in order. I can't tell you how many trips I've been at the bus stop nearly an hour before the park opened for EMH and still didn't get there till a quarter past.

No standard shuttle service from the airport to your hotel seems... unworkable. Not just for me as a guest, but for the parks! Even standard hotels have a shuttle loop. The $155 (per way) Minivan isn't worth it at all.

I'm assuming another shoe will drop here, but if not, wow, that's a huge perk they're cutting.

Have they said that they are also eliminating airline check in at the resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter