• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical EBTA 2016

...dining nights and rotations

Thanks so much for posting! I already knew the formal nights as John and I like to dress up, but this is most helpful. So looking forward to cruise. I'm planning to do FE gifts although I was too late to get into a group. We are not traveling with children, but I love sharing the magic! We just signed up for cruise last month, and I'm still learning my way around forums and threads. :smickey:

DH (Tom), DD (Catherine), and I (Mona) are sailing on this one for DD's college graduation- whoo hoo! This will be our first TA but we are seasoned DCL cruisers.

Anybody else going on the Beatles tour in Liverpool?

Last edited:
Hello SC Minnie. This will be our second DCL cruise, but first TA. Can't wait for the fun to begin. DH (John) and I (Joan) are doing the Lake Country train and boat ride.

I signed up for the Bodnant Welsh Food tour for Liverpool. I received an email from DCL regarding my port adventure and feared it was yet another "Dear ImprovGal..." port adventure cancellation email, but fortunately it was just to notify me of a change in host chef. Whew!

Is there a meet & greet on embarkation day? 3pm Promenade Lounge?

Can't wait!

Hi...Can anyone tell me whether I should bring a coat? I plan to bring a light windbreaker/rain jacket that I can layer and a close knit poncho...but will I need something warmer?

PS...forgive me if it's already been asked...

Are the FE groups posted anywhere? We had signed up, but I can't seem to find my list of cabins that were assigned to me. Should have put it with the passports

Just curious, is this group planning any sort of meet up on the cruise? DH and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary with our 1st Disney cruise (DVC members and WDW lovers) and are looking forward to getting to know some folks!

Just curious, is this group planning any sort of meet up on the cruise? DH and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary with our 1st Disney cruise (DVC members and WDW lovers) and are looking forward to getting to know some folks!
The only one I've heard about is for the other group - Promenade Lounge at 3:00 embarkation day. But nothing that's been set up for the DISboards group.

Added transfers, now just need to get a new suitcase and figure out what to pack! I'm definitely including a fleece and a water-resistant shell that I can layer, as I'm south of Boston and we've been 40's-50's and rainy all week.

Added transfers, now just need to get a new suitcase and figure out what to pack! I'm definitely including a fleece and a water-resistant shell that I can layer, as I'm south of Boston and we've been 40's-50's and rainy all week.
I've decided that my parka is coming along. The latitudes that we'll be at, mostly, are not that far off from where we were for our Alaska cruise/tour and on that one we were there in late May/early June. Early to mid May is probably going to be too cold for me (I don't do cold well).

Hello Does anyone know how full the ship is going to be?
Don't really know, but there's still rooms available.

And, of course, there's "full" and there's "sold out". They might "sell out" of rooms, but the rooms, typically on this sort of cruise have more of them with only 2 people in them, and not so many families. So the ship may be "sold out" but there will be less people on it than a cruise that has fewer rooms sold, but filled with more people in each room.

From a recent trip to Italy, I came home with more Euros than I need. Can I use them to pay my onboard account? Or is US$ their preferred currency and I'll be stuck with exchange fees to pay Disney with them?

From a recent trip to Italy, I came home with more Euros than I need. Can I use them to pay my onboard account? Or is US$ their preferred currency and I'll be stuck with exchange fees to pay Disney with them?
US dollars are what the account is set up for. You can apply Euros, but there would be an exchange rate applied.

I've decided that my parka is coming along. The latitudes that we'll be at, mostly, are not that far off from where we were for our Alaska cruise/tour and on that one we were there in late May/early June. Early to mid May is probably going to be too cold for me (I don't do cold well).

Any one else bringing a full on coat? I am including hat and gloves with my jacket and poncho but I am on the fence about bringing a heavier coat...

I do not do cold well either. I even tried to rough it with cold when living in Japan and failed miserably but my idea of 'cold' may be warm for others. When we did the Norway cruise last year and considering its a luck of the draw whether you will see the sun or feel warmth in Northwest England. (Although someone mentioned it is supposed to be a warm summer but I will not hold my breath. Even if it is warm..the wind can be strong). I tend to bring a wool sweater and a cardigan so that I can layer with a lighter rain and windproof coat. Hope that helps.

More Euros than you'll need in Dublin? I've found that you can make payments to your onboard account in Euros and Pounds (at least on the sailings with European ports). Yes, they apply an exchange rate that is less favorable than the going "exchange rate", however it's a nominal amount, it's comparable or slightly better than I've found either using the Travelex kiosks in the airports or trying to change the money back at my bank when I got home.

Did anyone else book the westbound sailing as well? I did that to take advantage of "open-jaw" multicity pricing on my flights.

Hello to everyone! I started this thread more than a year ago, had to cancel this cruise and booked the WBTA 2016 instead. Your magical journey will start in just a few days and I would like to wish you all the best - the finest weather possible, magical moments, excellent food, great CMs and fellow travellers, broadway style shows and entertainment, cute interactions with the Disney characters, pool chairs for everyone ... Have fun!!

Thanks pixie I do hope you have a wonderful cruise but I am still sad you will not be on our cruise! I am doing the 9 night Alaskan next year maybe you could make that one!!
Lynn

Thanks, Pixie! I'll be on the WBTA as well.

I saw on Susan Egan's website that she'll be on our cruise from Sydney to Dublin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter