Magic / Wonder - 5650 or 5150 only, need info

ember1205

Mouseketeer
I have sailed on the Magic, Dream, and Fantasy and have stayed in the ‘typical’ verandah rooms. I am considering booking a cruise on either the Magic or Wonder where these rooms would be an option.

I am interested in hearing specific pros and cons about either of these two specific staterooms on either the Magic or the Wonder. If you have stayed in one of these rooms and can compare it to a more typical Deluxe Family Stateroom with Verandah, I’m all ears!

Stayed in 5650 on the Wonder. These will be a tad smaller than a Deluxe Family (the Deluxe is usually up to 5 guests, that one I believe was limited to 3). The balcony is larger than the typical balcony for a Deluxe Family though. It is oddly shaped and there is some sort of a camera toward the back of the balcony slightly obstructing the view toward the back. We quite enjoyed the location of this room as I'd argue it is one of the quietest section of the ship -even though it is next to the Buena Vista theatre and very close to the kids club. That said, you most definitely want to do second seating for dinner in that section of the ship as your room is right above Animator's Palate and it can get a bit noisy when they are doing the animation shows toward the end of dinner time.

Stayed in 5650 on the Wonder. These will be a tad smaller than a Deluxe Family (the Deluxe is usually up to 5 guests, that one I believe was limited to 3). The balcony is larger than the typical balcony for a Deluxe Family though. It is oddly shaped and there is some sort of a camera toward the back of the balcony slightly obstructing the view toward the back. We quite enjoyed the location of this room as I'd argue it is one of the quietest section of the ship -even though it is next to the Buena Vista theatre and very close to the kids club. That said, you most definitely want to do second seating for dinner in that section of the ship as your room is right above Animator's Palate and it can get a bit noisy when they are doing the animation shows toward the end of dinner time.

Thanks.

The theater seems far enough away to not have a big impact on foot traffic (it's forward of the aft elevators). I'm guessing the camera is related to docking and is used by the bridge.

We don't go to bed until later, but we opt for early dining. MY guess is that we wouldn't run into too much of a noise issue as you describe since we'll likely be out somewhere on the ship during late dining, possibly at the show.

One of the things I found about these rooms talks about the fact that Cabanas is a few decks up, and there may be a collection of seagulls / birds "flying around" during breakfast and lunch times. For us, the verandah would be a nice place for a cup of coffee in the morning and a glass of wine at night. We might sit out there during the daytime just to look out on the ocean while at sea, but we aren't looking to be out there "constantly." Any input on the things I've found regarding the gulls/birds or any other detracting items to be aware of?

Also, from my reading, the verandah is claimed to have both chairs and loungers along with a table. True? Or, was that just in the past? From some of the photos I can find, it doesn't seem large enough for loungers.

No lounger that I recall, nor bird issues. You can also access Cabana's via a semi-secret staircase at the back of the ship and very easy access to emergency meeting spot which is right below you in Animator's Palate

Thanks. It seems that much of the available information on reviews and such is outdated (as I had suspected).

I think I'll look for a more traditional verandah room with cameras in my business. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter