Magic out of NYC- Bus to WDW

kandt

Mouseketeer
What time do the busses leave Port Canaveral? And what time do you need to leave the parks to go back to the ship? Thanks in advance for your help!

We did this last year, the buses leave early and often. I can't remember the exact time but I think it started at 7:00 or 7:30 am. By the time we got back to the ship it was 10:30 pm or so. You can make it long day if you want. We hit all 4 parks and had a great time. We are doing it again this year. The "anytime fastpasses" are awesome too.

Last edited:
Busses started running as soon as the ship cleared customs. Between 7 & 730. Busses left each park at closing. Last busses were from Magic Kingdom at 11ish. All aboard was 12 or 1230

So, how do fast passes work for the day excursion. Is it anytime fastpasses for all the parks, and is it unlimited?

So, how do fast passes work for the day excursion. Is it anytime fastpasses for all the parks, and is it unlimited?
My understanding is that it's 3 any ride, anytime fastpasses per person, but you can get more after that in the parks. That being said, there's been some conflicting information from DCL as to whether the new Avatar rides will be blacked out. I think we'll have to wait and see what communication we receive from DCL as the cruise date gets closer.

My understanding is that it's 3 any ride, anytime fastpasses per person, but you can get more after that in the parks. That being said, there's been some conflicting information from DCL as to whether the new Avatar rides will be blacked out. I think we'll have to wait and see what communication we receive from DCL as the cruise date gets closer.
To clarify you aren't getting more, anytime any attraction FP+ right? You'll get 4th, 5th FP+ based on what is available via the app or kiosk, correct?

To clarify you aren't getting more, anytime any attraction FP+ right? You'll get 4th, 5th FP+ based on what is available via the app or kiosk, correct?
Yes, that is my understanding. You can obtain 4th, 5th FP via the app or at a kiosk just as any other WDW guest would get them.

We were on the first bus going to Hollywood Studios when we did the Magic NYC cruise last year and we did not make rope drop. The goal was to hit Toy Story Mania before the lines got crazy and I think it was already a 40 minute wait when we got there. I don't know how people fared with other parks.

We were on the first bus going to Hollywood Studios when we did the Magic NYC cruise last year and we did not make rope drop. The goal was to hit Toy Story Mania before the lines got crazy and I think it was already a 40 minute wait when we got there. I don't know how people fared with other parks.

Do you know if people were able to leave the ship earlier than the first bus? For those who weren't taking a bus to the park for example? We're taking this itinerary in November and just wondering if we'd be able to get off the ship once it clears and take our own transportation

Do you know if people were able to leave the ship earlier than the first bus? For those who weren't taking a bus to the park for example? We're taking this itinerary in November and just wondering if we'd be able to get off the ship once it clears and take our own transportation

I would definitely call DCL and ask if the port will be open for private vehicles since it will not be an embarkation day for Disney.

I sent them an email, will post their response when I get it. I assume some people go other places so there must be a way to get an uber/taxi from there...

I sent them an email, will post their response when I get it. I assume some people go other places so there must be a way to get an uber/taxi from there...

I assume people do get off, but I was wondering if you would have to go out the main road or if they open the more secure port area for pick-ups. Please let us know what they say.

Gotcha... I've never been to that port. Do you know about how long of a walk it would be to the main road?

upload_2017-4-27_12-52-40.png

The gate for cars is the black arrow. This leads to the car drop-off and then the parking garage. The yellow is the bus area. As you can see, the "unsecured" area is pretty close to the terminal, as you can walk our the past the car gate.

By any chance do you remember if the park opened at 9 that day or were there EMH? Thanks.

By any chance do you remember if the park opened at 9 that day or were there EMH? Thanks.

I remember checking and thinking there were no EMH for that park that day (which is one of the reasons we chose to start there and why I thought we'd be some of the first people in the park), but as I said, there were already a lot of people when we got there. I DO think our bus got there before 9 am -- so either I was wrong about the EMH, or they just opened early that day. I've never tried to get to any park for rope drop before, so I don't know if opening early is something they do.

I remember that the 4 parks each had different bus options. MK, for example, had the most options. It's possible that MK had bus options that left earlier than the 7:30 bus we took to HS -- but I know that was the first bus to HS that was offered. I think the last buses left around 9 am and the first buses coming back to the port started around 3 pm.

I'm pretty sure you can, as crew that had enough time off and wanted to go to the parks that day had to get their own transportation. I know some who went to the beach or mall on these days instead too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter