Magic - new menus?

I wasn't on the Magic but last week on the Dream the Pirates night menu was completely different. All other menus were the same.

Here are my screenshots of our menu on Pirate Night. I was shocked at what a 180 it was.

Were you on a three-night? If so, there was not a special Pirate menu. Only when there are enough nights for everyone to get the regular MDR menus.

So a 4-night has 3 regular MDR menus plus the pirate menu. But a 3-night only has the 3 regular MDR menus.

Here are my screenshots of our menu on Pirate Night. I was shocked at what a 180 it was.
That's different than the one we had during Pirate night...I wish I had screenshot it at the time.
I thought it still had the gumbo soup, and one of the mains were from the pirate's menu...

But I'm not sure if this was the Captain's menu because we had lobster offered on 2 different nights.

Last edited:
That's different than the one we had during Pirate night...I wish I had screenshot it at the time.
I thought it still had the gumbo soup, and one of the mains were from the pirate's menu...

But I'm not sure if this was the Captain's menu because we had lobster offered on 2 different nights.

Transatlantic has 2 menus with lobster - Captain's Gala & Transatlantic. :) Someone in a different group confirmed that DCL skipped the Pirate menu to accommodate the special menus.

Saw on a group I am in that earlier this month they started test runs of new menus in the MDRs on the Magic - Not sure if it was all 3 but definitely AP(pursettes were gone!). Does anyone have the new menus or know if/when it is being adopted permanently?

Was this on the WBPC, or before?

On seven-night cruises, that is the Captain's Gala menu or the second rotational menu in Lumiere's and Triton's. It isn't a new pirate menu, per se. I have experienced the pirate night menu not being served on some shorter cruises and the specialty ones like MDAS. They used the Marvel menu, the regular three-night rotation menus, and then something like See Ya Real Soon or Let the Magic Begin, for example.

Also just off the wbpc, pirates menu was the regular menu. Our table asked for and were able to order Indian food that night, but it’s chefs choice on what’s delivered. It was served family style.

Saw on a group I am in that earlier this month they started test runs of new menus in the MDRs on the Magic - Not sure if it was all 3 but definitely AP(pursettes were gone!). Does anyone have the new menus or know if/when it is being adopted permanently?
They can't get rid of the pursettes!

Would definitely love to hear if anyone has seen any more specifics about new menus being tested.

Also...that would be extra tricky from a survey perspective. Unless they asked questions specifically about the new menus, it would be hard to evaluate them accurately since I at least always feel like I have to rate all the food 'excellent' anyway for my servers' sakes...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter