• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic - new menus?

Lia917

Earning My Ears
Saw on a group I am in that earlier this month they started test runs of new menus in the MDRs on the Magic - Not sure if it was all 3 but definitely AP(pursettes were gone!). Does anyone have the new menus or know if/when it is being adopted permanently?

Saw on a group I am in that earlier this month they started test runs of new menus in the MDRs on the Magic - Not sure if it was all 3 but definitely AP(pursettes were gone!). Does anyone have the new menus or know if/when it is being adopted permanently?
I wasn't on the Magic but last week on the Dream the Pirates night menu was completely different. All other menus were the same.

I am on the 11/4 Dream sailing. Pirate menu has always been the worst. Please do tell what was different!
I had a look at Disney Cruise Blog and compared it to the menu I had on The Dream in August 2023.

As far as I can see, the menu listed for June 2022 and the menu I had, there is only one change.

June 2022 Pirates Menu on Disney Cruise Blog
GUGLIELMO GRASSO’S VEAL OSSO BUCCO
Center Cut Veal Shank Slowly Braised in Red Wine and Served with Crisp Onions, Buttered Green Beans and Parsnip Mash

My Pirates Menu Disney Dream August 30 2023
CHEVALLE'S LAMB SHANK
Rosemary Lamb Shank Slowly Braised in Red Wine Served with Buttered Green Beans and Parsnip Mash

I am on the 11/4 Dream sailing. Pirate menu has always been the worst. Please do tell what was different!
I agree. On our transatlantic cruise this past Sept, when we heard that there was no more Pirates menu, our whole sections said "Yay!"...

I think a lot of people try to book Palo for pirates night so they can avoid the menu.

Let's just say, the new menu was much better...nothing spectacular, but only a few things remained. I'm sorry, I don't remember which ones, but I had no problem choosing something I like, unlike previous pirates menu.

No pursettes?!! That's one of their best and most popular dishes!!
you know on the dream in august ....we had them and they weren't really as good as we remembered.

on our first cruise in 2021 we remembered AP as having the best food out of all three on the fantasy. so we requested to start in AP on the dream on our 7 night cruise in august to make sure we got to eat there twice....it wound up being our least favorite restaurant this time around.

I agree. On our transatlantic cruise this past Sept, when we heard that there was no more Pirates menu, our whole sections said "Yay!"...

I think a lot of people try to book Palo for pirates night so they can avoid the menu.

Let's just say, the new menu was much better...nothing spectacular, but only a few things remained. I'm sorry, I don't remember which ones, but I had no problem choosing something I like, unlike previous pirates menu.

I don't think the Pirate menu was completely removed, just wasn't included on that itinerary because of the special menus offered on the longer itineraries and only having 11 nights. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter