Magic Mile Multiplier - 1.1, 1.3 or 1.4?

mousemaster

Earning My Ears
I’m running my first Disney Marathon (first marathon ever) in January. I’ve been training using Jeff Galloway’s plan.

For the Magic Mile his book states to multiply the Magic Mile by 1.1 for a marathon; his website states a 1.3 marathon multiplier; and his plan on the RunDisney site states a 1.4 marathon multiplier.

What is the correct multiplier (and why the discrepancies)?

I’m running my first Disney Marathon (first marathon ever) in January. I’ve been training using Jeff Galloway’s plan.

For the Magic Mile his book states to multiply the Magic Mile by 1.1 for a marathon; his website states a 1.3 marathon multiplier; and his plan on the RunDisney site states a 1.4 marathon multiplier.

I just like to make up my own magic mile and go at my own pace.

This sounds like maybe different training distance paces. I’ll use myself as an example. Let’s say I ran my MM in 9:20 (which I think I did 2 years ago, as a time trial.)

If I convert that into seconds, it’s 560 seconds.
Times 1.1 = 616 seconds or 10:16 pace
Times 1.2 = 672 seconds or 11:02 pace
Times 1.3 = 728 seconds or 12:07 pace
Times 1.4 = 784 seconds or just over 13:00 pace

If I tried to do training at the first pace it would be an absolute train wreck. 12:07 is approximately my marathon goal race pace at this point, and I do most of my training at 13:30-14:00 pace, because marathon training should be easy running most of the time. It’s always better to do the bulk of your training a little too slow, than a little too fast (with some caveats for advanced runners with specific time goals.)

Screen shots from the Galloway website with the same MM time:42E9E51F-5D3A-422D-8E4D-CB14B5E11A8E.pngEDD857C1-2245-4662-B8E7-43C25834C945.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter