Magic Kingdom & water park same day?

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
As two 25 year olds, would you say it's feasible to do Typhoon lagoon (it's open from 10-6 when we are there) for a few hours, then Magic Kingdom in the evening (on the same day of a morning EMH)?

At MK, we want to see Spectro, Wishes, Cinderellabration, about 7 rides..

Hypothetically I am assuming TL will take about 10-2. Then riding bus and showering about 1 hour or so. So MK around 4-10PM...and about 1 hour of that is the Spectro parade and wishes.

Is that feasible or should I dedicate an entire day to MK?
We are going 3rd week in May,

We always take a day for MK, but the park hours are much shorter when we go (Sept). I guess it all depends on the time of year (Summer months would have longer lines). Personally, I think that your plan should work.

Ok I think TL and MK in the same day are do-able however. Its def going to take you longer than an hour in b/w the 2. I would say it's going to take you an hour AT LEAST just on travel. If it's an EMH day the park will be more crowded and youre going to hit longer lines, so I dont see you realistically hitting 7 rides (but that all depends on the 7 you want to go on. If your planning on all the mountains etc. i really dont think its going to happen. sorry).

Have you been before? I think you may find when you get to MK that you get kind of "lost" in just being there. You'll find yourself wandering around, looking at all the details, wanting to stop and have ice cream & cookies, etc.

Even if you just ran around to the rides and shows you listed, you might find that lines are long, or you want to go on things more than once.

I really would give it a full day. :flower:

If you go on a day where there is both EMH and EMH evening at MK (which I saw on the Calendar) then I would say its definitely doable but you will be exhausted the next day (unless you sleep in late). Check the Park hours on these boards and see if you find the days that MK is having both EMH on the same day. HTH Have a great time! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter