Magic Kingdom Touring

teetee830

"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney
Our last trip was just in March for Spring Break. We had a opportunity for a quick weekend visit next week. On our last trip our Magic Kingdom day was by far the worst and we left by lunch; crowds, our attitude (not caused by anything at the park just tired, hot and grumpy) and weather (light rain all day). We are hoping for a do over.

Knowing we will be back for another visit we are not typically line waiters. Given the situation right now we get line waiting is unavoidable. We fly in early Saturday flight lands at 7:25 am and our Magical Express pickup is Sunday at 3:50 pm at Poly. The original plan was Magic Kingdom on Saturday and Epcot on Sunday, however they changed park hours for Magic Kingdom to open at 8:00 instead of 9:00 and we won't make it to rope drop. So the plan is now Epcot Saturday and MK on Sunday. Our must rides are favorites we missed in March and anything else is just gravy. Must dos are listed in no order of importance below and we plan to be there at rope drop. I guess my question is given the line/crowd situation does this seam doable? Am I correct in understanding Magic Kigdom is holding strict to the 9:00 am opening, not letting in early?
  1. Space Mountain (my son has never ridden so this is our priority.)
  2. Splash Mountian
  3. Big Thunder Mountian
  4. Haunted Mantion
  5. Pirates of the Carribean
  6. Carosel of Progress
  7. People Mover
Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Absolutely doable. I'd group them in terms of what "land" they are in... Such as Space, People mover and Carousel... but yes, absolutely doable.

Yep, easily doable. Will you wait in lines, yep, especially Splash and Space will have long waits. Like PP said, do an entire land then move on. I like to go left when I get there, don't know why, I just do.

I would say to group lands, but if you decide to start with Space, then I would skip CoP and PM until later.

Here are the options I would do. I know that crossing the park after Space and then doing CoP and People Mover later could be a long haul, but both CoP is about 25 minutes long and I think People Mover is just over 10. It seems like a waste of 45 minutes doing these attractions early in the morning when you could knock out one or two of the attractions that later in the day could have a wait of 60-90 minutes. I rarely see People Mover and CoP over 60 minutes. I know it can happen, but not as frequently.

Option A: Splash, BTMRR, HM, Space, CoP, People Mover, Pirates
Option B: HM, Splash, BTMRR, Pirates, Space, CoP, People Mover
Option C: Space, HM, Splash, BTMRR, Pirates, CoP, People Mover

If you can, this Sunday, spend a bit of time watching the listed wait times on the MDE app starting at rope drop. Then maybe you will have an idea of what might work for your group in getting attractions done. My above options are based on what I witnessed at MK on July 1. I did not do most of these attractions because of the others I was with, but just from observing lines that day, if I was going back and doing these specific attractions, this would have been my order.

I am wondering the same thing. We have always done Space first, then make our way over to Frontierland (we would get FP for BTMRR or Splash), but I am wondering if we should start with BTMRR or Splash first, and save Space and Buzz for closer to park closing.

We will be there on Sunday 8/8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter