Magic Kingdom morning Extra Magic Hours 2019

World_of_Laughter

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip for April 2019. Until about 3 days ago, Touring Plans was predicting morning Extra Magic Hours at MK on Friday, April 12. Now there are no MK morning Extra Magic Hours scheduled during the time we are there, but there are EMH for the other parks.

I know there are Early Morning Magic days scheduled, but I’m not interested in paying for that.

Does anyone know what’s going on with EMH?

Don't take anything on the schedule as any kind of "complete" this far in advance.

I know it's early, but according to the My Disney Experience app, Friday mornings are the only time the Magic Kingdom has a morning early entry. I am planning a trip myself around the same time and found that strange.

I know it's early, but according to the My Disney Experience app, Friday mornings are the only time the Magic Kingdom has a morning early entry. I am planning a trip myself around the same time and found that strange.

Its too early to access accurate scheduling.
Disney does not bother with accurate early listings.

These kind of questions are asked every day on these boards,
and the amount of practical info we have in this regard is huge.

Don't sweat calendar listings (or lack thereof) this far in advance.

WILL there be AM EMH added?
Maybe.
Maybe not.
But, it is just too early to know.

Its too early to access accurate scheduling.
Disney does not bother with accurate early listings.

These kind of questions are asked every day on these boards,
and the amount of practical info we have in this regard is huge.

Don't sweat calendar listings (or lack thereof) this far in advance.

WILL there be AM EMH added?
Maybe.
Maybe not.
But, it is just too early to know.

The reason I am asking this early is because I will be booking my ADRs in 4 days' time. In order to plan my meals, I need to know which park I will be going to.

They seem to have "Early Morning Magic" ($$$) on Tuesday and Sundays, so I guess that's why morning EMH are only once a week?

An aside: I would *love* to go to Early Morning Magic, but we're Canadian, and the exchange rate is a killer. It's just way too much money.

They seem to have "Early Morning Magic" ($$$) on Tuesday and Sundays, so I guess that's why morning EMH are only once a week?
Yes, they have cut back on EMH to make way for more paid events. MK also used to have longer & later evening EMHs. Now they offer paid Disney After Hours and only limited evening EMH.

An aside: I would *love* to go to Early Morning Magic, but we're Canadian, and the exchange rate is a killer. It's just way too much money.
That's possible. We'll have to wait and see. But I do remember the MK having EMH on multiple days.

Yes, they have cut back on EMH to make way for more paid events. MK also used to have longer & later evening EMHs. Now they offer paid Disney After Hours and only limited evening EMH.
Thanks for the info.

The reason I am asking this early is because I will be booking my ADRs in 4 days' time. In order to plan my meals, I need to know which park I will be going to.

Yup.
You and hundreds of others are in this situation which continues, as time goes by, every day of the year.

My point is that Disney simply does not bother with posting accurate information very far in advance.
They USED to.
Now, they do not.

Yup.
You and hundreds of others are in this situation which continues, as time goes by, every day of the year.

My point is that Disney simply does not bother with posting accurate information very far in advance.
They USED to.
Now, they do not.

Exactly. Except it is probably thousands, not hundreds trying to make plans every day.

I share this problem - the only solution I can think of are multiple ADRs in Different restaurants. You have to cancel 24h before!

My trip is in January 2019, and I just readjusted my ADRs to correlate with the Extra Magic Hours (Epcot on Tuesday night, Magic Kingdom on Wednesday night) listed on their park hours calendar. Is January 2019 too far away (roughly 80 days) to consider these days as definitive for Extra Magic Hours?

My trip is in January 2019, and I just readjusted my ADRs to correlate with the Extra Magic Hours (Epcot on Tuesday night, Magic Kingdom on Wednesday night) listed on their park hours calendar. Is January 2019 too far away (roughly 80 days) to consider these days as definitive for Extra Magic Hours?

My opinion is that while it’s possible EMHs dates on the calendar could change, it is more likely than not that if those dates have EMHs on the calendar now, they’ll stay that way. Obviously the EMH time itself can/likely will change, but I think it’s a reasonable bet to make for planning purposes that that day will have them.

That doesn’t mean you should not keep tabs on the park schedule as you get closer to your dates just in case.... it just means that to me it’s reasonable to use what is there now to plan.

Hope that made sense.

My opinion is that while it’s possible EMHs dates on the calendar could change, it is more likely than not that if those dates have EMHs on the calendar now, they’ll stay that way. Obviously the EMH time itself can/likely will change, but I think it’s a reasonable bet to make for planning purposes that that day will have them.

That doesn’t mean you should not keep tabs on the park schedule as you get closer to your dates just in case.... it just means that to me it’s reasonable to use what is there now to plan.

Hope that made sense.

They did change! I am so annoyed! I booked a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest on April 12, and now they've got EMH at Hollywood Studios on that day. There aren't any morning EMH at the Magic Kingdom in the six days that I am there. I'm so bummed!

They did change! I am so annoyed! I booked a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest on April 12, and now they've got EMH at Hollywood Studios on that day. There aren't any morning EMH at the Magic Kingdom in the six days that I am there. I'm so bummed!

Just for clarity, hours for 4/12 on Disney’s official park calendar on their website were just made available 2 days ago. Disney releases their calendar on a rolling 180 day basis.

It sounds like you were originally going by Touring Plans published estimates, which are just that... estimates. Looks like they originally had it pegged wrong too. They were probably going with the fact that Friday is usually (but not always) MK AM EMHs and for whatever reason it turns out Disney has tinkered with the schedule that week, at least based on the current park calendar that was just released.

But, I’m sorry you’re running into scheduling difficulties. Hope you find a way to work things out.

Just for clarity, hours for 4/12 on Disney’s official park calendar on their website were just made available 2 days ago. Disney releases their calendar on a rolling 180 day basis.

It sounds like you were originally going by Touring Plans published estimates, which are just that... estimates. Looks like they originally had it pegged wrong too. They were probably going with the fact that Friday is usually (but not always) MK AM EMHs and for whatever reason it turns out Disney has tinkered with the schedule that week, at least based on the current park calendar that was just released.

But, I’m sorry you’re running into scheduling difficulties. Hope you find a way to work things out.

Yes, I know the park hours were just released. Because the previous Fridays all have a.m. EMH at the Magic Kingdom, I thought there was a good chance that April 12 would, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter