Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Sessions Now Available in 2015

It depends on what the park will let DFAP do, but I don't see why not!

Only Disney employees are affiliated with Disney Fine Art Photography, and DFAP doesn't let them work Disney weddings as outside photographers. I'm wondering what they mean by "partnered"... There are outside photographers who USED to work for Disney, but choosing one of them will not change when you can book the Magic Kingdom photo shoot.

I am not sure either. Maybe someone on here has heard/used them before and could give us some input, they go by crickets photography. They have pictures of bridal shoots in MK.. So I'm a little confused. From what I gathered I figured they were like a "randy chapman" as someone Disney recommended on a list which many speak of??

But either way am I reading things right if I decided to go with our own photography for a wishes wedding then we don't get to put in for the MK shoot till 45 days before and Chance not being able to get it ?

So I guess that brings me to another question of can you use your own photographer for the MK shoot then? I've read yes and no but then this crickets photography shows they do it and have more than once??

Just so you know if you want to do MK and DHS you have to do them on two different dates... Ask me how thrilled my fiancé is about getting up at 3am for my hair and makeup two days in a row, lol!
You may get "lucky" and what happened to us will happen to you. We got a phone call a week before our MK photo shoot saying that they were moving it up an hour to 6 am because the park was opening an hour early for extra Magic Hours. We were able to schedule both our MK and AK shoot on the same day due to this happening, but we didn't find out until almost the last minute. Initially we were told we wouldn't be able to get the full time in AK, because time would be tight- but it worked out. Our photographers showed up before 6 and we got the full hour in each park. Good luck! I hope you get lucky too!

I am not sure either. Maybe someone on here has heard/used them before and could give us some input, they go by crickets photography. They have pictures of bridal shoots in MK.. So I'm a little confused. From what I gathered I figured they were like a "randy chapman" as someone Disney recommended on a list which many speak of??

But either way am I reading things right if I decided to go with our own photography for a wishes wedding then we don't get to put in for the MK shoot till 45 days before and Chance not being able to get it ?

Cricket used to be employed by Disney Fine Art Photography. I'm not sure if she's still with them, I thought I'd heard she left similar to Regina Hyman did a few years back. If she did, she is now considered an outside photographer which means your have to wait until 45 days out. (total disclaimer, I'm not certain she did leave so hopefully someone can clarify). Many of the outside photographers DFTW brides use worked for Disney at some point before going out on their own. There are many benefits to using an outside photographer, not the least of which was being certain who would be shooting our wedding and that I was choosing a photographer who's style I felt comfortable with. I haven't heard of too many brides not getting a shoot booked at 45 days out lately, but it's definitely a risk worth taking in my book.

Cricket used to be employed by Disney Fine Art Photography. I'm not sure if she's still with them, I thought I'd heard she left similar to Regina Hyman did a few years back. If she did, she is now considered an outside photographer which means your have to wait until 45 days out. (total disclaimer, I'm not certain she did leave so hopefully someone can clarify). Many of the outside photographers DFTW brides use worked for Disney at some point before going out on their own. There are many benefits to using an outside photographer, not the least of which was being certain who would be shooting our wedding and that I was choosing a photographer who's style I felt comfortable with. I haven't heard of too many brides not getting a shoot booked at 45 days out lately, but it's definitely a risk worth taking in my book.

Oh I'm so glad someone's heard of crickets, makes me feel better :)

So a little confused still, I know you can now use an outside photographer for your wedding but am I understanding right as you can use that same photographer for your MK shoot or am I wrong?

I feel as though taking the risk is also worth it because I'm super picky with photos.

Anyone who has used crickets feel free to chime in!

Oh I'm so glad someone's heard of crickets, makes me feel better :)

So a little confused still, I know you can now use an outside photographer for your wedding but am I understanding right as you can use that same photographer for your MK shoot or am I wrong?

I feel as though taking the risk is also worth it because I'm super picky with photos.

Anyone who has used crickets feel free to chime in!

Cricket left DFAP within the past year, I believe in January. I believe she uses some of the MK photos she took while she was a DFAP CM as her own personal advertisement now. If you were using Disney as the photographers for your wedding event, then you could potentially have the same photographer, but if you book Cricket for your wedding she will not be able to do your MK shoot.

In-park photoshoots can ONLY be done by DFAP photographers. The only exception to getting photos in a park not taken by DFAP is if your ceremony itself (and possibly reception, but I'm not 100% sure on the reception) is happening inside any park - that is the only instance where non-DFAP photogrpahers can (technically) photograph in-park.The in-park shoots happen before the park opens.

Cricket left DFAP within the past year, I believe in January. I believe she uses some of the MK photos she took while she was a DFAP CM as her own personal advertisement now. If you were using Disney as the photographers for your wedding event, then you could potentially have the same photographer, but if you book Cricket for your wedding she will not be able to do your MK shoot.

In-park photoshoots can ONLY be done by DFAP photographers. The only exception to getting photos in a park not taken by DFAP is if your ceremony itself (and possibly reception, but I'm not 100% sure on the reception) is happening inside any park - that is the only instance where non-DFAP photogrpahers can (technically) photograph in-park.The in-park shoots happen before the park opens.

Bummer, I hear so many mixed reviews over MK shoot photographers, when I found cricket I thought I found the jack pot! Ha ha. Well good to know all that info thank you :)

Well my MK shoot got moved up but not mention of being able to do it and my HS shoot on the same day... Hmmm... I have paid a deposit for hair and makeup both days already so I'd lose the second deposit. Plus I want different styles for the two shoots so I think I'll just keep them separate and not ask about combining them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter