• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Barber Shop?

goofy4dvc

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I am taking daughter, son-in-law, grandaughter, and grandson to DWD next month. I have read posts about the barber shop and thought I would take my grandson (age 6). Is it really worth it? Is it totally a different experience than at any other barber shop? How far ahead to you need to book? Thanks for all your help.

As far as I know, there is no advanced booking. You just show up and wait in line (and wait and wait and wait and wait).

I've only been there once, and that was in 2005, so things may have changed, but....

I was there on a Friday during the off-season. Got to the MK gates early and was one of the first people through. Still found a 45-minute line. A guy in front of me mentioned that he had been coming to the barber shop there every week for thirty years. The barbers had a lot of fun with the kids they were cutting, and did their best to put them at ease. One little girl was having the time of her life! The barbershop quartet wasn't scheduled to perform that day, but all four of the guys happened to be there at the time and they burst into song. The crowd went wile.

My haircut proper was quite possibly the best haircut I've ever had. The barber himself was kind of a downer; he asked me what I did at home, I told him I was a social worker, and he got all misty-eyed and mentioned how social workers saved his life when he was a kid. He was kind of sad and wistful for the rest of the haircut.

As we were waiting for my son's first haircut, the barbershop quartet came in and sang several songs...that was a great experience!:thumbsup2

I say go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter